Saturday, 12 July 2014

Day 11 - Travelling the High Way - My Way!

Hi everyone.  Yesterday was just our journey to Placentia, California.  We are staying here for 4 nights - yay, a rest of sorts.

We are off to Disney today, for our first visit in 8 years, although we haven't been to the one in California before.

I know the girls have been really looking forward to this part of the holiday, and even us adults are too!

The journey here was great, although once we got to L.A the traffic was really bad and added an hour to our journey.  However, we still arrived at the hotel by around 3.45pm, so not too late.

I only have a few photos for today, so a short and sweet post, and watch out for the good news towards the end ;-)

It was a straight road and no mountains to be seen all the way, until we hit the outer edges of Los Angeles. The plains, just seemed to go on for miles along the I5.

I took these as we were approaching Los Angeles.  This (I believe) is Pyramid Lake and the San Emigdio Mountains.


Look, I managed to get the face for the day :-)


And yep, on closer inspection, this is definitely Pyramid Lake.


Here you can see, I just caught the Pyramid.  Not bad for taking it from the car, on the go :-)


I am afraid that is all for today.  I did most of the driving today, Andy took over just before we hit L.A (and therefore I was lucky to get these photo's as Andy was snoozing whilst I had been driving!) and I'm glad, as traffic was horrendous!

Tally of miles 316 yesterday.  Total now stands at 3840 miles at end of Day 11.

For those of you that follow my blog regularly, you will know that Andy works away in Winnipeg and has done since February 2013!!  Well, we had the most fabulous news yesterday, his new contract will be starting in September, at home in Ottawa, and he will therefore be coming home for good at the end of August!!!!  At last we can be a normal every day family once again - well as normal as can be LOL!

The girls and I are so pleased that he will be home and it really made our day that we heard whilst we are away on vacation.

Thanks for stopping by today.

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous news. Now the rest of your trip will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pix as always and great news! I'm so happy for all of you!

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Awesome pictures!!!Awesome news about Andy! Yippee!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh - that is the best news for you and the girls.... Awesome, more fun and quality time for all of you...You need to celebrate this while you are still on vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you. Sorry I haven't been commenting lately for some unknown reason I haven't been getting my email notifications.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, what awesome news about Andy!! I am so happy for you and your family!! Yipee!! You will be celebrating the news at the happiest place!! Enjoy Disney my friend!! Your pictures are gorgeous!! I'm so glad you were able to capture a face!! Happy Saturday!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karon! Congrats to you and your family, thats fabulous news. Great pics of the lake... I've been camping and boating there,on many occasions, fun times :) Say hey to Mickey & Minniie for me. Enjoy your rest, from all that driving.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon, beautiful pictures and I sure hope this comment finds your family happily exhausted after a long but enjoyable day at Disney. Congrats to you, your girls, and mostly Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More gorgeous pictures! Looks like you are having a GREAT vacation...and then to end your post with such AWESOME news!!! CONGRATS to Andy and the family!! That is such GREAT news!!!!
    Have a GREAT day at Disney my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scenery photos! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...