Friday, 29 August 2014

Slowly returning to crafting.

Hi everyone.  I hope that you are all doing well and that you have had a wonderful summer.

I will, over the next week, come and visit you all and see what you have been up to.  I thank you all for your kind thoughts and support over a very sad time.

I made a small stop in my craft room yesterday and made a shaped easel card for the inspiration week over at Polkadoodles. The challenge theme is Get Organised for Christmas.



All the elements on this card are from the wonderful CD collection A Home for Christmas.  I designed the easel shape in Silhouette Design Studio and all the pieces are cut out using my Cameo.

I layered up some of the elements, like the poinsettias, holly and hearts, to add some dimension to the card.


The baubles are also from this CD and I layered them up in Design Studio and added the sentiment.  I then took my Sakura Gelly Roll pen, Stardust, and went over all the swirls on the baubles as well as some parts of the main image.  Here is a close up of those baubles.


And here's another look from the other angle, see the lovely sparkle.


The collection I used was A Home for Christmas.

A Home for Christmas CD Collection

Nikky has been busy over the summer adding lots of new items to the Polkadoodles shop.  From new Digi downloads, new stamps, new CD collections.  You just have to pop along and check it out.  Don't forget that for international crafters, if you spend over £20 you get free shipping!  But there are also lots of new immediate downloads too, so no waiting for the mail man :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #192: Children and/or Christmas (closes 2 Sept)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #89: Flowers (closes 6 Sept)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #72: Always Anything Goes (closes 4 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

33 comments:

  1. Such an amazing card Karon
    Big hugs Susan xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon this is absolutely fabulous I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. im glad you are managing to get back to crafting if only a little at a time ... my thoughts are with you, your creation is totally stunning, you are so clever with your cameo!
    hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this card is stunning. Wish I could master my cameo. Sue xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Karon thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge and lots of huggles ..Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Karon! Thanks for sharing!
    So sorry for your friends loss! I have been thinking about you alot
    Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous shaped card Karon. Love the colors, fabulous papers. Fantastic job my friend.
    Have a creative day.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karon, your card is so whimsical and beautiful! What gorgeous images and a delightful design. Stunning work, my friend! Sending lots of love and prayers to you and your friend as you persevere through this sad time.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take all the time you need sweetheart. The card is beautiful, as always. Holding you close in prayer.

    Gentle hugs
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHOA BABY! heehee... what a fun easel card Karon!! Love that there's so much to see in one li'l creation. An easel was definitely the way to go. Love all your decoupaging or dimension you gave parts of this too. *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card! love the style and the festive look to it....

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the dimension you added with the poinsettias and hearts!! The sparkle is fabulous!! Thinking of you my friend...I hope things are easier.

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful easel card! I love all the fun details and elements! Glad you are getting back in to crafting a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling creation with lovely colours too.

    Enjoy your long weekend.

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. In awe Karon ... love all the layers and detail you have added. Very cleve how you did your sentiment too ... an idea I must "borrow". Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful shaped card, love it. Have a good weekend Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Take all the time you need...
    By the way, This is just BEAUTIFUL!! A big WOW!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely, Karon. Hope you'r feeling better now. hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its great to see you back crafting again Karon & a beautiful make it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, if this is you "slowly" getting back into crafting, I am in awe :)
    You card is stunning as they all are.
    Such fun shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is just so beautiful. I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karon this is just stunning...lovely to see your beautiful cards.xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything about this is darling! I love the way the sentiment runs across the ornaments :)

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty
    Stampin On Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you are well my friend:) WOW! this is a beautiful easel card and i definitely love the shape, I really need to make more easel cards:) TFS and have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, this card is just amazing! I love all the fabulous details you have added to this beauty and the colors are so bright and vivid. This will make such a pretty holiday display.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a gorgeous card. You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is awesome, Karon. Love love love it. And that CD - well, it's on my "got to have" list. I watched the video on it - sold! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  29. so beautiful and truly festive. Love what you create when you just "stop in" for a minute to your craft room. LOL! It's a masterpiece :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...