Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Finally something to share !

Hi everyone, long time no see :-)  I would like to start off by thanking you all for your fabulous friendships and support over the past weeks.

We currently have a Spanish exchange student staying with us, her name is Paula.  She is Shannon's partner in the exchange and therefore in April of next year, that is who Shannon will stay with when she goes on her exchange trip to Spain.

Paula, has been with us since last Wednesday night and is with us until this Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday, after dropping them off at school, I finally decided that it was time to get back to crafting.  Having Paula here has helped take my mind away from the happenings of the past few weeks - so it has been a good thing.

I spent the morning doing a lot of cutting with my Silhouette Cameo and using the fabulous new collection available now at Polka Doodles.

This is the new Winston Deluxe Papercrafting CD Colleciton.

*****PRE-ORDER Winston Deluxe Papercrafting CD Collection

I have used Winston's friend, who is called Etty, to make this 8" by 10" wall plaque for a girly bedroom.


The lettering is actually from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD.  I placed them up on some foam to add dimension.

Etty is a pre-coloured digi and I have layered her up on a tag.  Also the backing paper, which I adore, is from the fabulous new Winston CD too.  I have wrapped it around an 8" by 10" flat artist board and inked all the edges with CTMH Cotton Candy.


I punched two holes in the top corners, with my Cropadile and then added some ribbons to hang it with. The little paper bows are also from this wonderful new collection, love how they turned out.

Of course, I couldn't resist using the butterflies too - layering them up and curling them a little to make them stand out a bit more.


This turned out so sweet and I really enjoyed getting back to it.

I hope that you are all well and having great week.

I am entering this plaque in the following challenges.

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge #275: Pretty in Pink (closes 12 Sept)

My Time to Craft - Challenge #257: Teddy Bears Picnic (closes 12 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. OMG Karon! This is AWESOME!!!!! What a great collection you used and your project turned out AMAZING!!!!
    So happy to see you back and crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Karon! I have just read about your friend loss, its really sad... I am so sorry....
    But I am happy to see you back with new project. I am sure, that once you have finished it, you felt better!
    Your new creation is amazing, I like the paper and the image is so cute. The whole wall plaque is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutly stunning - loving all the added details xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Nikki on TV with Winston at the weekend, what a gorgeous little guy and your door plaque using the adorable Etty is fab. Crafting is a great way to "forget" even if only for a little while xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having an exchange student sounds like a fun experience and how exciting for your daughter to get to go to Spain! Love the wall plaque! Ss cute! Happy to see you crafting a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Karon. I love, love, love this plaque. So girly. Love the quilted background paper and the adorable little bear. Emily is going to love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Karon, this is gorgeous sweetie! I LOVE it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a super project Karon, great for our theme this week at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and super girlie sign :) Love it!

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Stampin On Stuff
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Karon die Karte ist wunderschön
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea to use artist board as your base. You are so creative. I love that paper and your little button. It looks like a quilt and some of your letters look like wood. This is adorable.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful beautiful board this is . Especially love the cut bows you added on the corners!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word!!!! Emily is going to LOVE this. Such a cute collection. Glad to hear you're enjoying having Paula.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beauti ful project.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts ' Pretty in Pink' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Karon I really love this project a lot... So darn cute and any girl would smile just having this hanging on their wall....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Karon, this is gorgeous!! I love the image and the papers you used!! It looks so amazing!! I want one for my room!! Love!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks fab, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow this is so pretty and girly!! Have you picked up any spanish in the time Paula has been with you? :)
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Karon. TFS and have a great evening.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back. This is just stunning! Love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE IT gorgeous and colours are placed to perfection...awesome display of goodies..

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh good golly, this is so stinkin' cute! I LOVE the pretty patchwork background and that sweet little teddy. The ribbons, bows and butterflies are such pretty accents to this sweet piece. This is going to really brighten up Miss Emily's room :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karon, this is GORGEOUS! What a beautiful design, filled with lovely patterns and sweet touches. This is stunning! Still sending you lots of hugs and prayers!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness this is just so adorable.
    I love everything about it, it is just so cute.
    I do really love those little bows, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is ADORABLE!!! What a CUTE bear. I bet Emily loved it. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet plaque. Love all the different colors. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Everything you do is just so beautiful. What a cute bear!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...