Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Using up those Scraps #4

Hi everyone.  It's my turn to share something over at She's a Sassy Lady this month.  And of course I have to share it here with all my fabulous followers :-)  Thanks for supporting my little old blog, my friends.

I have another card, made from scraps to share with you this month.  I am working my way through my colour scraps, and I am on purples now :-)

First off I dug out some scraps from my stash.


As I was going to die cut some flowers, using the Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters, I used the negative as a stencil and inked up one of the papers with flowers.


Then it was just a case of putting the card together. I am using up those 8" by 3" cards I have.  After deciding on a layout, I inked all the edges of all the layers before adding them to the card base.


I love these delicate Asters and I will be forever grateful of Andie of Contagiously Crafty, for her generosity.  


For the inside, I used the same papers as the front, then added a small panel to leave a message, using the stencil again to add one inked flower.


To finish off the front I added a couple of ticket sentiments, that are from a Polka Doodles CD.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

  1. fabulous card Karon, love the use of the scraps - no-one would ever know lol! and those asters look fab!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Karon! LOVE the purples!!!!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Karon, I would never in a month of Sundays thought of using die cut waste as a stencil, but I will do now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. Love the size, the fabulous papers.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Karon!!! That purple is so pretty!!!

    ~ Hugs ~

    Jess
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I just love the size...so different and fabulous!! The flowers look amazing!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karon, it's absolutely stunning! :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeousness from a box of scraps! Loving the pretty purples and sweet plaid. Your flowers turned out beautifully and I love the sentiments. Gorgeous card my friend, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Karon, I love the colours and the flowers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karon! I love effect of stamping with negatives and your flowers are just exquisite! Stunning creation and beautiful colors. :o) I hope you and your loved ones are doing well!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful card! I would never have known it was made from scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful, Karon! Those flowers are so pretty.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty I love the color.
    Thank you for the inspiration. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic idea for using scraps, love it. Just letting you know that there's a new challenge going to starting 4 Jan 2015 over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Love you to become a follower, there's a DT Call happening too, grab our badge while your there if you like to, really hope to see you join us, many thanks xx
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous Karon, I love those Asters dies and your colour combination. Well done. Have a wonderful weekend. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so pretty :)
    Love your use of scraps and doesn't it feel great to use up some of those scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUPER gorgeous card love the use of your scraps and the flowers placed, and gorgeous coloursxxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  18. GORGEOUS!! Wonderfully crafted and so incredibly resourceful. Really REALLY love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is scrumptious, with so much texture and detail. I love how you used your die cut negatives and here is a high five for using up those scraps. o/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this is BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful use of your scraps. Thank so much for sharing!
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colour and gorgeous cluster of flowers look so pretty..really nice card!Have a great week Karon :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...