Friday, 10 October 2014

Let's Play!

Hi everyone.  It is Friday and here in Canada a long weekend for us as we celebrate our Thanksgiving.  Hope all my Canadian friends have a wonderful weekend.

It's also inspiration week over at Polkadoodles for our Anything but Square Challenge.

For my little bit of inspiration this week, I have made a hexagon shaped card with the little gamer boy off of the Work and Play 2 CD.  He is also available as a single digi here.


As I explained yesterday, my laptop is out of action and therefore unable to use my Cameo. However, I didn't let that stop me making a shaped card.  I used Word, and printed a hexagon shape onto the back of the papers, in different sizes for the layers, and then used my good old paper trimmer.  See we can get by when we need to :-)


I coloured the gamer boy with my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.  Quite pleased with how he turned out.  I popped him up on some foam dots to add a little depth to the card.  I have listed the pencils used below.

Prismacolor pencils
Skin  927, 939, 1092
Hair  941, 1082, 946
Top  922, 924, 925
Jeans  1024, 1025, 901

For the inside I used the same layers as the front and then added the cream panel and stars to leave a message.


I inked all the edges of all the layers and then some ticket sentiments to finish off the card.


So glad to be back in blog land.  Although it will be the middle of next week now before I have something else to share. 

Thanks all for stopping by - appreciate each and everyone of you.

Happy Thanksgiving and happy crafting.

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karon, I like the image the shape and the design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cutie, Karon. Very impressed with your colouring.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fab image and details. Just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Karon - adore that shape xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so cute and an unusal card shape to boot. I'd never poke a finger at your coloring- I think it lovely. Here's hoping you have a thankful and restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your CUTE card! Thanks for sharing.
    Love how you went old school for your hexi shape. tee hee hee.
    Seriously I hope you can get your computer up and running real soon. I know you use it tons with your Cameo.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your FAMILY time.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic. Good for you, not letting lack of technology hinder you.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Karon!! I love the shape and the adorable image!! It's fabulous!! I hope you and Andy and the girls have a very happy Thanksgiving!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love your hexagon card!!
    Happy thanksgiving to you and your family :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lOve the hexagon shape card - and perfect male image.... Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon, he's gorgeous and colored perfectly. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Andy and the girls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fab, great shape. I must admit if be lost without my cameo lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun shape your created for this adorable card. That little guy is just cute as can be and reminds me of my boys...back when they were still boys!
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card Karon. Love the design, papers and the adorable image. Hope you, Andy and the girls are having a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love the shape of your card and the cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore this little fella. Beautifully coloured and fab shape x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute, love the shape, the fun image and those tickets - great card, inside and out Karon!! *Ü* xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thanksgiving weekend Karon! Love this image and love your shaped card. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a huge fan of shaped cards and this one is FANTASTIC!!!
    He is a cutie pie and adore the coloring. AMAZING job my friend.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Karon,
    OMG! this is a fabulous awesome boy card and I love the papers with the image:) I hope all is well and thank you for stopping by sweet friend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is adorable!!
    Love the shape and your colouring is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  22. A real stunning creation with gorgeous colours and lovely image used....love the style and added beauties here as well ....cheers, aNNieThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super card, Karon. Love the shape, the coloring - everything. I particularly like the way you finish the inside of your cards. And your coloring is always top notch. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Masculine Shape card Karon, I love the image and the pretty papers. Just stunning. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great shape Karon.......the digi image is super cute! Perfect male card :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just found your blog, so enjoyed looking around, you make some really lovely cards. I have become a follower so I shall be calling in to see your lovely creations regularly, hope you'll come and visit me too.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...