Friday, 17 October 2014

Oh No! Christmas is coming! ;-)

OK are you ready for this!

There are only 68 days to go!  There are only 10 more weekends till Christmas.  So you better get your creating heads on :-)  Or your shopping heads, which ever you prefer :-)

And I will just mention that there are 7 more sleeps till Andy is home for good  :-)  :-)  :-)

This fortnights challenge starts at Polkadoodles today and our theme is Christmas Fun.  So anything to do with Christmas.  Doesn't have to be a card, could be a gift or decoration too.  We all need that inspiration this time of year - so off you go.

I gave you this sneak peek the other day :-)


I decided to make a pop up box card.  I was challenged to use the Work and Play collection to make my Christmas creation. 


I used the little ballerina from the Work & Play 2 Collection, the papers are also from this CD.  I then added some butterfly wings, pre-coloured digi from the Bonbon Belles CD Collection, to turn her into a fairy :-)  She has been coloured with my Prismacolor pencils, which I have listed below this image. (The numbers in brackets are my own numbering system)


Hair - 1012, 942, 1034, 941
(9, 10, 12, 114)
Skin - 927, 939, 1092, 928
(37, 42, 32, 33)
Dress - 122
(22)

I also added some Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, Stardust, and added it to her wings, dress and hair band. Was difficult to get a photo of the sparkle, but looks better in person. 


The trees, and mushroom house are pre-coloured digis, these and the sentiments, and other embellishments are all from the fabulous A Home for Christmas CD.


She is so adorable.  Did you know that there are more and more single digis being added to the store each week? This ballerina is available all on her own too and you can find her HERE.


There you have it, my little bit of inspiration for you this week.  You have until Noon GMT, Friday 31st October to enter.  So why not get your Christmas hat on and enter our Polkadoodles Challenge.

I used the following collections for this creation.  Clicking on a picture will take you to the store :-)

** Work & Play Collection 2   Bonbon Belles Double CD Collection

A Home for Christmas CD Collection

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog - Monthly Technique Challenge: Pop Up Box Card (closes 14 Nov)

Inky Chicks - Challenge #40: Christmas (closes 25 Oct)

Inky Impressions Challenges - Challenge #181: Anything Goes (closes 21 Oct)

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #199: Anything Goes (closes 21 Oct)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #40: Anything Goes (closes 19 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Happy crafting.

31 comments:

  1. Love this, Christmas isn't your first thought for this collection but it works really well.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great make Karon. All the "bits" go so perfectly together and she looks fabulous as a fairy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous creation.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pop-up, Karon. Love that you gave her wings... brilliant idea!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is ADORABLE. LOVE it. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooooooo clever - love the wings xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say? You've blown me away yet again. Super stunning. You have such patience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very clever to have made your ballerina into a fairy. This box card is so delightful. It is a gift in itself.

    And you are getting the best Christmas gift ever - your precious Andy home at last. :)

    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just had to say it didn't you! LOL I so love this pop up card! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous, with beautiful colours xx
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I can't believe only 68 days til Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the ballerina and her wings!! All of the details are perfect!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous box card Karon. Love all your embellishments xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this sweet box card- the image is great. Your fun ticket and sentiment on the flaps are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, this is bursting with Christmas joy! What a delight! Each component is filled with sweetness and I love every lovely inch of it. Lovely work, my friend! Have a sparkly weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karon, my favourite of all time cards...This is one pretty neat creation, super awesome image and loving the colour combination.xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  17. absolutely delightful hun x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hallo Karon, your Pop-Up Box card is gorgeous. I love the cute image and pretty paper. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pop up box is simply stunning! That ballerina is so adorable, it makes the whole design. Less sleeps left before Andy gets home since I'm so poky posting. So exciting I'm sure the anticipation is building. Congrats again... making big plans for the final return?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your box card and she looks perfect with her wings!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of your cards are just ADORABLE!
    I ADORE this one!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my...Your box card is so adorable, what a sweet image, love the pretty colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karon this is just too cute. Love the color combination you chose and the card.... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What a beauty!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful pop up box card. The ballerina is adorable, Your attention to details is amazing. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love, love, love this box card.
    This image is so adorable, and you coloured her up wonderfully :) Love the added wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous box card. I love all the details and the fairy is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...