Monday, 10 November 2014

One of --- those ---- cards ;-)

Hi everyone.  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.

On Saturday, I took the girls to see Big Hero 6, whilst Andy went in to watch Interstellar (too long a film for me, I would have fallen asleep!), Big Hero 6 was a great movie and I have to admit it, but yep, I filled up LOL!

I was pottering around in the craft room yesterday, getting some design stuff done, and I decided to have a play with the new Polkadoodles Work and Play 7, Less Work & More Play.

For my card I decided to use one of the fabulous Design sheets, which include all the elements you need to make up a card.  To make one of - those.... masculine cards :-)


I distressed all the edges and then inked them up with CTMH Pear.  The little fisherman is all decoupaged up too, all from the design sheet.


Nikky's colouring is so fabulous and the fact she shares so much in these CD collections, that you can really make a quick card too.  The images, of course, also come in black and white so that you can colour them up yourself.

I printed off some the backing papers too, to go behind the design elements.

For the inside, I couldn't resist adding the little Gone Fishin' sign, along with some little fish :-)


I added some wonderful ticket sentiments for a birthday.  I love these and they are now a regular in the Polkadoodles collections.


This is the collection I used.

** Work & Play Collection 7 - BONUS EDITION

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog - Challenge#11: Anything Goes (closes 30 Nov)

Paper Creator's Crafts - Challenge #32: Anything Goes (closes 21 Nov)

Love to Create Challenge Blog - Challenge #141: Anything Goes (closes 16 Nov)

I hope that you all have a wonderful week.

I will be in the craft room, in between school runs etc :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

23 comments:

  1. What a handsome card, Karon. Gorgeous papers and image.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable masculine card! Love it and the colors. Hubby and I went yesterday and watched Interstellar. I loved it! I actually liked it better than he did!! It was long but the whole movie was good I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love your attention to detail with inking and distressing the edges. I especially like the curled corner. Yeah, I really love little details like that. In my opinion, they put a design right over the top. Great job.

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Nice colors and image. The papers are adorable, and I like the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant card Karon. Love the pretty colours, fab papers and brilliant image xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute - love the distressed inked edges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love your decoupage.
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome!! I love the design and the adorable image!! All of the details you added are perfect!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy from Cre8ive Cindy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is fabulous. Love the colors and that adorable image. This is just really super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your card on Facebook and thought it was the cutest :)
    Great image and love the layering you did to your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card Karon.......the image is fabulous. Love how you decorate the inside too, I never seem to get around to that! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon, this is a spectacular masculine card! They're so innately difficult but you knocked it out of the park! :o) The image is marvelous and the colors and design are perfect. Wonderfully done, my friend! Have a happy night. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous Karon, what a sweet little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card. Love the images, the coloring and all the layering. What a cute card.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome masculine card! Love the colors and design you created for the adorable image! Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great little card - it's lovely how all the elements are co-ordinated, so it looks very professional. Your design is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love it!!!
    Bellissimaaaaaa....
    Thanks for joining at us Love to create
    Hugs Tiziana

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely masculine card !
    Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Creator's challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the green! My favorite color!!
    A fantastic & Fun card my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, Karon. It's green which is my favorite color! He's so cute with his fishing pole. Nice man card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fabulous card, such a lovely image and wonderful design.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator for our Anything Goes Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...