Friday, 7 November 2014

Recycle It - yes we can!

Hi everyone.  So, did I tease you enough with the empty bottles - hope, you aren't too disappointed with the result.

It's Friday, and inspiration week over at Polkadoodles for our Challenge - Recycle It.

I so had to use these empty bottles!  They used to hold little paper flowers.


After removing all the labels, I then put the bottles in the dishwasher to sterilise them!  And what better way to reuse them, than to fill them with lovely treats.  These will be great stocking fillers for my girls.  Shhhh, don't tell them :-)


I used Design sheets from the fabulous Work and Play 5 - Festive Hollybobs CD collection.  These design sheets are great, as they have all the elements altogether, so things can be put together quickly and easily.

Rudolph as been decoupaged to add some depth.  I did add some sparkle to his nose and bell :-)


I firstly wrapped each bottle with papers from the CD, then added elements from the Design Sheets.

I used my Sakura Gelly roll pen, to add some sparkle to the sleigh and Rudolphs nose.  Difficult to see in the photo though.


I made some little 1.5" rosettes, out of papers from the CD, and added these to the bottle tops, along with some Christmas ribbon around the edges.



Of course I had to add some sparkly ribbon around the necks of the bottles too!



I filled them up with wonderful Christmas crunchy eggs, and some mini fruit candies.


I am so glad I was able to use up these bottles and I'm sure the girls will enjoy their Candy :-)

You have until Friday 14th Nov, noon GMT, to get in your entries.  Doesn't have to be Christmas, just recycle something.  Could be ribbon off a package, sweet wrappers or something you have had laying around for a while just waiting for the right crafty project.

This is the collection I used.

** Work & Play Collection 5 FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS Collection

I am entering these in the following challenges.

3 Girl Jam - Challenge Nov 2014: Christmas/Holidays with Ribbon (closes 30 Nov)

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge extra - Nov 2014: Always Anything Goes (closes 30 Nov)

Crafty Calendar Challenge - Nov 2014: It's All about Christmas (closes 5 Dec)

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #94: Getting Ready for Christmas (closes 13 Nov)

DL.ART - November Linky Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 30 Nov)

Little Scrap Pieces Show it off Saturday Linky party - Anything Goes (closes 8 Nov)

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #28: Anything Goes (closes 30 Nov)

Sisters of Craft - November Anything Goes Challenge (closes 30 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

41 comments:

  1. Hallo Karon, einfach toll gemacht
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic Karon, brilliant idea!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea, Karon! I'm also ever so slightly interested in the contents. Are there any left?!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. JOB WELL DONE!! These are fabulous Karon. Every bit of those jars has been altered and have truly taken on a festive feel. I love the ribbon around the caps and the rosettes on top and the images and paper you've used are perfect. Your girls will be tickled pink!!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are so cute!! The girls will be delighted I'm sure!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, yes they are. They came out beautiful. And I'm sure the girls will love the treats. They will look very pretty on a shelf for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are BEAUTIFULLLL!!!Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet, especially with the goodies inside. You did a marvellous job recycling these. I love the flower toppers.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, these are so fabulous!! You did a perfect job recycling the jars!! They look amazing!! You decorated them so beautifully!! Love them my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! I love to recycle my empty starbucks coffee jars which are very similar to these. They are a great size and shape for all sorts of goodies. I love your embellishments. The images are so, so sweet and the rosettes are wonderful. These are just adorable and yummy at the same time ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous, Karon! What a delightful surprise for the girls.. they will love them! Each scene is adorable and I love the festive polka dot ribbon. :o) Beautifully done! Have a happy day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I had to come back and see what you did with the bottles! So cute!! I love them! Your girls will love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing idea Karon and so cute
    hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG these are terrific. TFS, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant idea and so very effective too. Might have to "snaffle" this one. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE how you up-cycled your jars. They turned out wonderfully. The girls will LOVE them. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Karon, those bottles came out gorgeous, love all the papers and embellishments. I'm sure your girls will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very clever! Those bottles are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How adorable! What a brilliant idea x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are over the top adorable. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. An overload of Cuteness!!
    All AMAZING!! Sweet images my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you joined us for our CHNC extra challenge this month with this wonderful creation!!
    Hope to see you back for our next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous creations and such a great use for thos adorable little bottles xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so flippin adorable.
    I love to recycle, and I think these are perfect filled with treats :)
    Your girls will love these, so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful idea Karon, I love, love the mebellishments you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cute are these....the girls will be so happy to get them! Great use of those bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh how clever! The details you got on there are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Karon.....the bottles are adorable! Each one different and so super cute :)Don't you just love recycling..its so much fun!! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous idea, I wish someone would make me a stocking filler like that! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley for our latest challenge!
    Claire xx
    DVC DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Karon what a bevvy of beauties! All so very pretty and I am sure your girls will adore them.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a wonderful treat. Anyone will feel special if they get that gift. You're backkkk!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What cute stocking fillers. Love the images you used. Very cute and creative.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. SO much work and a fantastic creation! So creative x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great idea and they look brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  36. You totally transformed these bottles! How wonderful! Thanks for joining our challenge this month at 3 Girl JAM. Julie O, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very cute! love your re-purposed bottles! Thanks for linking up at 3 Girl JAM! Karen

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...