Friday, 14 November 2014

Resistance is futile ;-)

Hi everyone.  Iiiiitttt's Friday!  I hope you have all had a wonderful week.

I have spent more time in the craft room this week, than I have in a long while, and I am so enjoying myself.

I am working on some Christmas projects that I am sure you will like, when I finish them!  I gave you a little sneak peek the other day.  Some of you guessed correctly that I am working on an Advent calender but none came close as to what I will be using the "trashy" novel for.  I can't wait till it's finished so I can show you :-)

Anyways, back to today.  We have another challenge starting over at Polkadoodles and our theme this fortnight is CAS - Clean and Simple.

I used a snowman off the fabulous Work & Play 5 - Festive Hollybobs Collection.  The sentiment is from A Home for Christmas CD.

I have never made a CAS card - at least I don't think I have LOL!


Now, I have to make Christmas cards for my overseas posting, however, my card has been decoupaged up (I used my Silhouette Cameo and Design Studio) and I found it a little too thick for overseas.  I will give this one locally.


I embossed the back layer with a Darice Snowflakes embossing folder.  The temptation to add some bling to those wonderful snowflakes was terrible, but I did resist!!


Neither could I leave that white alone, so I inked all the edges, after distressing them a little, with CTMH Cranberry ink.

For the inside I placed a little snowman and some snowflakes, using the print and cut feature in Design Studio, and once again inked those edges.


Even with today's creation, I gave in and added some ribbon, but I think it still qualifies as CAS.  See I said "resistance is futile" LOL!


So, how CAS can you go?  Do you find it hard or easy?  

These are the CD's I used today.

** Work & Play Collection 5 FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS Collection

A Home for Christmas CD Collection

You have until Friday, 28 November, noon GMT to enter our Polkadoodles challenge - CAS.

I decided to use my card, or at least the design, for my overseas cards, just didn't decoupage the snowman.  So here are another four :-)


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra November 2014 (closes 30 Nov)

Bearly-Mine Challenges - November Challenge: Christmas Cards (closes 29 Nov)

3 Girl Jam Challenge - November Challenge: Christmas/Holidays with ribbon (closes 30 Nov)

Christmas Cards All Year Round - November Challenge: No Patterned Paper (closes 29 Nov)

DL.ART - November Linky Challenge (closes 30 Nov)

Little Scrap Pieces - Show it off Saturday Linky Party (closes 15 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

33 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the embossed background and the design carried through to the inside is just beautiful xx
    hugs
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the fab image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that snowman is so much fun - love your cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super, very nicely done Karon, hugs Y x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards. That CD was on my birthday wish list and I didn't get it and now I'm annoyed at myself for not ordering it sooner. You did such a great job here, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That nose! That bright and beautiful shine..I love it. These are great. For me it's CAS as you have described AND it will be perfect for an overseas mailing...which can get very expensive. Your cards are terrific and thanks for the teaser of up and coming attractions...lol!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, and yes I struggle with CAS as well, but you've done a fabulous job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love snowmen...yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so adorable!! I love the little snowman!! Your CAS design is fabulous!! I have such a hard time...I want to add layers and layers and bling!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beauty of a card. You do such a fabulous job with the digi CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute! love his shiny nose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all gorgeous Karon, I love the snowman
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards my friend!! I love the snowman!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are adorable, Karon! The decoupage image is marvelous... such a wonderful way to add a little something extra to a CAS design. The red inking and snowy background are beautiful! Lovely work! (And as I'm sure you could guess, I cannot do CAS!)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet snowman image! I love the layers and pretty embossed background. Your inking looks fabulous, I love the touch of red. I don't do well with CAS - I LOVE the look and find myself ooohhing and aaahhhing over CAS cards created by others. But....I find I have a very hard time creating them myself....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you stacked the snowman ... and thank you for a peek inside your card. I always love that it makes the card look 'finished' ... Thank you for sharing with us at Bearly Mine Designs' November Christmas challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this adorable snowman Karon you did a great job x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are so adorable!!!!
    I like the shimmer you added with the ribbon :)
    Are you using your pages from the book for decoupage ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, looks fabulous in that design....the colours sure look good together...
    ♥ aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Great effect with the embossing and the cute little snowman. CAS makes multiples easy...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww....how cute! Possibly the most CAS project I've seen you do.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Karon, your over seas friends will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww what a SWEET snowman card. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  24. These cards are so cute! I've got to get into using my embossing folders for card backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab cards Karon, love this snowman.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful and sparkly! Another great creation! Thanks for linking up with us at 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...