Saturday, 1 November 2014

Returning to normality and .......

Hubby is home :-)

Hi everyone.  Hello out there, I hope that you are all well and had a fabulous Halloween.

My apologies once again, for not being around much, but for those of you that follow my blog regularly, you will know that Andy arrived back home for good on the 24 October.  He start's his new contract on Monday :-)

We have had a fabulous week and have accomplished much.  We had a lot of catching up to do on some much needed sorting and things that we had put off for the past 2 years.  New furniture for our bedroom, including some fabulous Ikea PAX wardrobes - which we managed to put together and we are still talking to each other LOL!

I also have not been totally idol on the crafting side, however, maybe a little bit different.  Emily is the only one dressing up for Halloween this year as she is going to a party at friends.  She is very much into the games Legend of Zelda, you may have to ask you kids about this one LOL!  She wanted to see if I could make her a costume for her to dress up as Link.

Anyways, she was really pleased with how it turned out.  I made the green tunic and the hat, we used a polar neck sweater for under the tunic, along with some cream winter leggings.  Luckily had an old pair of Shannon's boot's that now fitted Emily and worked well with the outfit.


The highlight in Emily's hair is real, she had it done back in the summer :-)


Of course she had to have the Master Sword, unfortunately we ran out of time to make the Hylian Shield :-)


We made the sword out of foam board, and used acrylic paints and electrical tape for the handle. The things us crafter's will do for our kids eh!  


And ready to take on the Dark Link at any time :-)  Again check with your kids LOL!

I am also in the middle of sorting out my ink storage again - and Andy kindly put up some lights in the top of my storage cabinet where my inks are kept - it looks so much better and will be even better once the storage is done.  Also re-purposing some old stamp blocks into inking blocks, so will show you all this when I am finished.

Thanks again for continuing to support me and my blog, for the fabulous comments and support you have shown me and the laughter and virtual hugs when I needed them most.

Will be back up to speed with you all soon and back to crafting too :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous costume! So glad your "normal" is finally getting there. Enjoy the process and all the improvements. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her costume!! Great job!
    So glad Andy is back and you guys have been taking time for family stuff.
    I REALLY need to do some craft space clean up. Yikes! Someone could get lost in here. lol.
    My darlin' dressed up in a Hermione Granger/Harry Potter type costume. She is an assistant manager at a movie theater and a bunch of them dressed up HP style.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Andy is home for good and you are enjoying your time together!! The outfit looks amazing!! You did a fabulous job!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome costume! I'm afraid I am completely out of the loop on most of the characters today's kids love. Not at all familiar with Zelda, but your daughter looks great...lol!
    It's wonderful that you and hubby are still speaking after working on a big project together! That's a major accomplishment at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this costume and your idea! She looks great :) My daughter is still a little girl and still doesn't want any costume... but sooner or later I will need some ideas like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab costume you've made! and you must be so pleased to have hubby back at home!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karon - just stopped by to say Hi and catch up on what you're up to - and it looks like all good news! Love the costume - that sword is perfect!! Thank you for all the kind comments on my blog - I always love reading them :)! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great costume.
    Wayne and I played the video game The Legend of Zelda, before our girls were born 25 years ago…what is old is new again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you're so clever! What a fabulous costume! I hope she had a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab costume Especially love the sword!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous work on her costume, Karon! She looks happy indeed. :o) I'm so happy Andy is home for good, at long last! Have a happy day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you and the girls are loving Andy being home. I love the outfit you did a fabulous job on it. She looks great in it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's adorable!!!!! I know that game, but don't 'know' the game so I'll take it on your expertise that she's who you say she is. I think she could be Robin Hood's trusty side kick, but then again....I'm old school.
    ALSO, was so happy to read that on FB, but WELcOME BAcK ANDY!!! Now there's so much more time for the 'honey oh please oh please oh please, do list!'
    Great hearing from you!
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, toll gemacht
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  15. The girl looks fab in her costume!
    And I'm glad your whole family is back together again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a clever idea and well executed. Go, Link!

    I hope you are enjoying your time together as a family and Andy likes his new job. So to finally see you all back together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know you are so happy to have hubby home now and I love your daughter's costume!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job on the costume. Glad Andy is back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun costume! We're into "Minecraft" and "World of Warcraft" here - I wonder if I could come up with costume ideas if required....

    My husband has worked away on a number of occasions. He was away in Dublin when our son was due to be born (but managed to be off work for the birth itself!), then his new job took him to USA for six weeks (during which time we moved house, with a 6-week-old baby - thank heaven for friends!), he's also worked in various places in Europe, including stints in Basel (Switzerland) and Stockholm, when he was away for two weeks or more at a time. So I can sympathise with that "Andy's home for good!" - it certainly feels good to have them home! Just now, Mister LizzieMade is based in London, on a longer-term contract, so he commutes and is home between 6-7pm. Much better!
    Hope you are enjoying your time together as a family - and are all still speaking!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...