Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Christmas Cards for Overseas - part 2 !

Hi everyone.  Wow - where are the days going?  I am so dis-organised this year!

I am struggling at the moment to get into the Christmas spirit and you would think that with Andy now home permanently,  I would be so looking forward to it.  Maybe, once the kids finish school and I start doing some present wrapping my mindset will improve.  Or maybe I need to have the Christmas music on full blast!

Anyways, how is the start of your week going?  I have a potluck lunch to go to tomorrow, so I have a white chocolate cheese cake to make today.  And we are also doing an ornament exchange, so I need to finish off either a tree or the angel today!

As for today's post, I thought I would share another card that I made for my overseas posting.


Once again I used a fabulous Polkadoodles CD.  This is a pre-coloured topper off of the wonderful Work & Play 5 Festive Hollybobs CD collection.  The sentiment was added from another CD, A Home For Christmas However, it is also a black and white digi - if you fancy colouring it up yourself, and is available as a single digi download HERE.


I inked all the edges and then just layered up the main image on some foam to add a small amount of depth.  No more embellishments because of posting.

For the inside I added a street lamp and some holly, along with a stamped sentiment from CTMH. 


I also added some Sakura Gel Pen to the fur trim, and candle - just to add a little sparkle.  I think you can just see it in the photo.


And there you have it.  Another set of cards for my overseas posting.  Seems I am not the only one that is shocked by the cost of postage lately!


Have a great week everyone.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

  1. This card is really lovely. That image adorable. Such a great card for sending a long way. Have fun at your Portlock. I'm hoping the project is already finished and you are not feverishly trying to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable!! I love the sweet images!! The embossing is just perfect!! Beautiful cards!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling and you were very clever to make so many of the same design.

    That white chocolate cheesecake sounds divine. :)

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Love the embossing and the image is ADORABLE. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Love the embossed background! Yes! turn your Christmas up loud for all to hear and spread some Christmas cheer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of cards Karon. UK postage costs are atrocious too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so lovely, Karon. I go in and out of the Christmas spirit. I love making decorations but not so much shopping. I love your cars but don't let the postage dampen your spirits. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Karon I like the sweet image and the embossing
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you sharing the white chocolate cheesecake with us, Karon? Sounds as yummy as your cards look. You are not alone trying to drum up the Christmas spirit. Days are just passing too fast - that's the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon, this is beautiful! The topper is completely heartwarming and the swirly background is perfection! The interior is so lovely, too. :o) Wonderfully done, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards Karon, such a sweet design
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Karon - these really are amazing! You have very lucky friends or family members that will receive these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Total sweetness! I love the darling little image - what cute carolers. The embossed background is so pretty, your inking looks fabulous. And, I love the inside of your card as well, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww such a sweet card :)
    Like the embossed backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another set of gorgeous cards, Karon. My festive spirit is running low too. I'm hoping fixing the tree up might help... but Master Parker is still in it! LOL!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card thanks for sharing at crafts galore encore, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! I love how you curled the corners.

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Stampin On Stuff
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is ADORABLE. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable images Karon.....Very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...