Sunday, 7 December 2014

Christmas Cards for Overseas!

Hi everyone.  Hope you are having a great weekend.

I managed to get some Christmas cards made for overseas.  Last posting, to guarantee delivery for Christmas was Friday.  So everything else took a back burner, whilst I got some cards finished.

I do have a little bit of a rant though.  I went to the post office, to get these cards posted for the UK, and I was really shocked at the cost.  I only sent a total of 15, yep 15 not 50, cards.  Regular size no bulky ones and it cost me $47!!!  I could not believe how much the costs have gone up.  I used to send 40 - 50 cards when we first arrived in Canada, but over the years that has had to be drawn back so that the cost is not too much.  Next year, I think I will have to take a photo and email everyone a link to my blog LOL!  It's so sad, as it really does not encourage you to send cards in the future.

Anyways, enough of that.  Here is the first card I made for sending.  I will share another post with you in a couple of days.


I took an image topper from the wonderful Polkadoodles Studio 12 - Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist.  Placed it atop an embossed piece of white card that has been inked around the edges.  The embossing folder was a Darice folder, snowflakes.


I would have liked to have added a bow to the corner of the ribbon, but had to keep it reasonably flat for posting.  I did add a second tree, on top of the main image, to add a little more interest.

Also, added a little Sakura Gel pen, and then stamped the sentiment, which is from a CTMH stamp set.


For the inside, I added a little tree and some holly, from the new Work & Play 5 - Festive Hollybobs Collection, and another wonderful CTMH sentiment stamp.


So, there you have it.  I had a little bit of a production line going to get these made, and made 5 of them.


I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, I hope to be in the craft room today, in between wash/dryer loads - thats where the timer comes in handy!  Put a load in, set the time on my desk and craft :-)

These are the collections I used for today's card.  Clicking on the picture will take you to the Polkadoodles shop.

Studio 12 CD-rom...Picknix Collection 2...Gingerbread Twist  ** Work & Play Collection 5 FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS Collection

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge - Challenge: Merry Christmas and Anything Goes (closes 30 Dec)

Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes for Christmas (closes 25 Dec)

DL.ART - December Linky Challenge - Anything Goes (closes 31 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I saw the trees laying on your desk from a previous post and couldn't wait to see what you were going to do with them. The 'present' type layout looks gorgeous and I love the rolled corners too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous, Karon. I hear you about postage. Mine all go to the states and it's still high. Square ones cost more (who knows why), if they feel a tiny gem embellie, it costs more. I wanted to send SVGCuts box cards but they are oversized and odd shapes so each one is over $2. So I'm using them for décor and hand delivering what I can.
    These are so beautiful and I know everyone would love getting them but I don't know that I would spend almost 50 to send them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so beautiful! I'm sure your friends and family overseas will be delighted to receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous cards!! The image is so beautiful!! I love the embossing!! Wow, I can't believe the cost of mailing them. E-cards are sounding better and better!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really do love this design. It is so elegant with a vintage feel.

    I hear you about the postage. It is $1.15 just to send a normal card (not bulky) within Canada. It sure has put a curb on the Christmas card tradition in our Country. I remember many years ago when you got a discount on sending Christmas cards. If they were not sealed you got the same rate as a post card. But post cards cost the same as letters these days too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and beautiful your cards look
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    My latest post: How I repaired my Big Shot

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards. I am trying to get mine finished up and mailed and that is just within the states. Disgusting about the cost of postage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous, Karon! What beautiful winter scenes you've created. The trees are lovely and the snowflake backgrounds are stunning! Marvelous work! I hear you on postage... it is quite unfortunate how costly shipping has become. :( I hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are beautiful. I thought I recognized the stamps from CTMH even before I read your post. Wow, yes, for the expense of mailing them, send a link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely set of gorgeous cards using the most gorgeous of image...x
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. They turned out beautifully. Love the the image. The embossing is so perfect for this card. The blue inking really makes it all pop.

    I know what you mean about shipping cost. With my entire family living in other states I no longer can afford to buy gifts, wrap and mail. I now order online and have shipped to them. I love Amazon I get 2 day shipping. This allow me to spend on the gifts and not on shipping.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karon, this card set is gorgeous! ! ! Hugs-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! I know what you mean about postage! It seems it just keeps going up even for local stuff here in the states. They say they want to encourage you to use the postal system and yet....price increases discourages it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW--beautiful winter scene. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are all so beautiful.
    WOW, the postage is outrageous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply lovely! What a beautiful scene and it just pops against the pretty embossed background.
    I agree with you about the postage - it's getting out of hand. My family is scattered all over the county and I know how you feel - makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Postage is a nightmare...I ended up sending "surplus" cards to the animal shelters as part of their fund-raiser. You've made some awesome cards though. simple and elegant!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing.
    Wow that is a lot for postage. Yikes.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty cards ....love the embossed background! Wow..the postage is expensive, a link to your blog is a pretty good idea..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these cards! Fabulous detail with the folded corners! Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes for Christmas at Crafting By Designs. Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...