Friday, 5 December 2014

Christmas soon to be!

Hi everyone.  Hope your week has gone well.

It`s Friday!  It`s also time for the last challenge of the year at Polkadoodles.  Nikky has been kind enough to give us a few weeks break ;-)  This will still be a fortnight challenge, and will close on Thursday 18 December at Midnight GMT.  Winners will be announced on Friday 19 December.

The theme for our challenge is ...

"Who would you make a Secret Santa card for and why?"

Now,  you don't necessarily have to make a card or project for this challenge but you could do a short post instead sharing your Secret Santa. Then go over to the challenge blog and leave your linky!

NOW as an added bit of fun, visit each DT blog and have a guess, using the clues, as to whom they may have made their project for .... leave a comment on their blog with your idea and you could be in with the chance of winning a prize of a wonderful Polka Doodles digi image. We will randomly chose 3 DT blogs (names in a hat thing) and then randomly chose a comment from each blog and the winning comments will each receive a Polka Doodles digi image, so three more winners, in addition to the main challenge winner.

This fortnight the Design Team have all become "Secreat Santa's" and we each received a secret message from Santa.  I was tasked by Santa to make a card for .....

Oh, hang on, sorry, I am not allowed to tell you, see if you can guess who my card was intended for.

I will give you three clues.

The first was posted over at the Polkadoodles Blog and stated "My Secret Santa keeps herself very fit and is very busy throughout the year."

My second clue is "She loves to dance, dance, dance!"

My final clue is "Her favourite place to be, is somewhere cold and icy!"

If you think you know who my "Secret Santa" is, leave a comment on my blog here and tell me who you think it is. You might have to do some visiting to guess :-)

There will be more inspiration and DT to visit next week too, so the more you visit and guess, the more chance you will to have win.

Of course, you can also enter the fortnights challenge too, by entering you Secret Santa project or post :-)

Oh and I better show you the card I made I suppose LOL!


I decided to use this little lady from the Work & Play 5 Festive Hollybobs Collection.  She can also be purchased as a single digi download or as a whole digi collection HERE.


I coloured her up with Prisma pencils and Gamsol.  I couldn't resist adding a little sparkle, using a Sakura Gelly Roll Pen.

Prisma Pencils (numbers in brackets are my own numbering system)

Holly  -  912 (97), 1096 (100), 908 (104)
Post Box  -  923 (23), 924 (24), 925 (25)
Skin  -  927 (37), 939 (42), 928 (33)
Hair  -  1034 (12), 941 (114), 1082 (115)
Skirt/Scarf  -  925 (25), 195 (26)
Coat/boots  -  912 (97), 911 (102)

For the inside, I did the pop up. All the papers and embellishments are from this fabulous CD.

Again, there is that lovely sparkle on the snowman, using the Sakura Gel Pen.


I added a little ticket sentiment to the inside too.


I love the papers in this collection - so much to choose from.


Of course, I had to add a little tiny greetings envelope for the front, after all, she is posting a card!


Don't forget to see if you can work out who my Secret Santa was, and leave a comment below.  Then it's your turn to make a project - will it be for your Secret Santa?   ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

22 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING!!! Look at all the detials in the inside! Wow! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card - the inside is just WOW , very clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it is beautiful!! See, that's what I love about your crafting...just when you think that's all...there's MORE! The inside of this is kicking!!
    hugs and happy weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is amazing. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!! I love the sweet image!! The inside is amazing!! Absolutely gorgeous card!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design, so bright and cheerful, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Karon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card front with a spectacular pop-up inside. Your secret santa pick is very lucky indeed.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh! They are ALL just Beautiful!!
    Festive & Super fun!!Adore the colors & images.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Beautiful Karon, your colouring is fabulous! And Wow..the inside looks awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love this card. Love your coloring with pencils. Which set of Prismacolors do you have? Great pop-up too. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You never cease to amaze me with your talents. This card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. just brilliant inside & out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karon, this is bursting with sweetness! What a precious little sweetheart (and colored so beautifully)... and the inside is whimsical fun at its best! Lovely work, as always! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a terrible guesser! The only thing I can think of, which is absurd, is Mrs. Claus' very best friend, Lulu who teaches jive to the elves in Februray once their bored with nothing to do. Told you I was bad atguessing. Great cards! looks like you are getting ready for Chrustmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card! I keep forgetting about this style! Yours is so cute. Of course I haven't a clue about your Secret Santa or who you made a card for but they will love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cuteness! What a great fold - perfect for displaying! Great papers on both cards and the images are just darling. These cards are so much fun. Great work as always my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute!!! Love the pop-up detail inside. Fab and Fun card, Karon.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning make Karon! Love all the amazing details inside. Have a great Christmas :) x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...