Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Snow Angel

Hi everyone.  How is everyone?  Are you all ready for Christmas?

I have nearly finished the Christmas shopping, just a few little stocking stuffers to get and then later in the week I will get the wrapping done.

I am sharing this post over at She's a Sassy Lady blog today too.

I finally got around to finishing my angel.  So, she is no longer headless, but could be legless LOL!

If you are a regular visitor to my blog, you will know that I have now made two Christmas trees using this technique.  You can see the trees, HERE and HERE.

However, this time - you turn the book upside down for several of the pages - so that you get wings :-)  A great tutorial for this, can be found here at Five Go Blogging.

I decided to make a bottom for the angel using cork pot stands - so I first coated the cork in Gesso, just one coat would be enough, but I gave it two :-)


Then I gave it a coat of silver acrylic paint.  I am so pleased with how this turned out!


You can see the angel there in the background - looking a little headless LOL!

Anyways, after spraying her with some Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearl is the colour I used, I also added a little more sparkle with some very fine glitter glue.

Her head is just a Christmas bauble, I kept the silver hanger attached to it, as I thought it made the perfect collar.


I couldn't resist adding some silver ribbon to her head and base.


Of course, as she is a Snow Angel I had to add some lovely silver snowflakes.


I finished off the base of the angel with some wired star garland, after all she is up in the stars and clouds there :-)


I was tempted to add a face to the bauble, but thought that may spoil it.  Less is more, as they say.


I apologise for the overload of photo's I was trying to share the sparkle :-)  Hope you are able to see it.


Maybe you could give it a go, with some old books that you may have.

I am finishing off another tree, so will share that one later in the week, hope you will come back and say hello.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

23 comments:

  1. Wow Karon, this is just so creative. Love how you upcycled a book into such a festive angel.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Karon, absolutely stunning. May your home be blessed this Christmas and may that angel bring a song to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow she's gorgeous Karon! I've just started my tree so a big thank you for the inspiration
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fabulous! I love the bauble silver trim part as her color. Simply a gorgeous Snow Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation to your angel. love the whole concept of the way you detailed it with those book pages. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is just stunning Karon! What a perfectly beautiful Christmas angel. I love the silver and your beautiful embellishments. I especially love the added snowflakes - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Karon! Wow! Each detail is beautiful and I adore the snowflake garland! Stunning project! :o) Have a happy day!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love these booky creations Karon! This angel is amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I am in love with this!! I thought the trees were amazing but this is my favorite!! I love all of the details you added!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh this is so beautiful. She turned out just stunning. Love it! I was glad for all the photos.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW Karon!!!
    This is AMAZING!!!! Such a stunning piece of artwork!
    LOVE it my friend!
    TFS and have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon, this is gorgeous! I have never seen the book angel before. Fabulous in silver. Love the stars and snowflakes. Really creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW! this is beautiful Karon:) I hope you are well and ready for the Holidays. Please forgive my luck of visits but it's been craziness for me. Happy Holidays to your and your family!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! She looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how clever! She's beautiful! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, WOW, WOW. Karon this is one stunning piece of artwork here my friend. This would look fabulous in anyone's home. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, she turned out beautifully.
    I love angels and she is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this, I love the book print!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What the adorable cuteness!! I love this and that is so fabulous Karon. Merry Christmas to you and your family from our family. I have loved seeing your festive creativity.
    Hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh My gosh.....this is just the best idea! So Beautiful and so creative!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...