Friday, 19 December 2014

The Last Tree - Version 3.1 :-)

Hi everyone.

Happy Friday!  Only 6 more sleeps till Christmas Day!

Are you all finished and ready for the big day!.  I did most of my wrapping yesterday and just have a few more stocking stuffers to get and I will be done.

We are expecting a significant storm starting on the 23rd and by the end of Christmas Day, we could have another 30cm of snow on the ground.  Of course, that could change :-)

I have one final tree (for this year) to share with you.  I really had trouble giving this one away !

I started off with the cork base again, but this time after painting it silver I decided to add some snow. I have had a small jar of Snow-Tex for around 2 years and really have never thought of using it - until I saw some wonderful creation's during Lori's Annual Visions of Sugar Plums Hop and Lori had used Snow-Tex.  She has the most wonderful blog, you just have to go check it out, Chouxchoux Paper Art.

I marked where I wanted the tree to stand and then added the snowman, after glittering him up a little. The Snow-Tex was so easy to use and I just used a palette knife to spread it around.  It takes around 2 hours to dry - depending how thick you make it.  Once it was dried I added some glitter to this also.


I also made up a little sentiment plaque, using a miniature artist board.  The paper and sentiment are from  Polkadoodles CDs Studio 12 Picknix 2 and Angelberry Christmas.   I distressed the edges of the paper and once secured to the plaque, went around the edges with some Faber-Castell Gelato in silver, turning the corners over a little too.  Then added some glitter to finish it off.


So, I suppose I had better show you the finished tree :-)


I gave this to a friend as a Christmas gift and she was so pleased with it.  She also loves snowmen.


I will definitely be using the cork board bases from now on, they are just the right size and now I know the Gesso works I can paint them any colour too!  I added a little tinsel around the bottom of the tree to finish it off.


I really appreciate each and everyone of you that takes the time to come and visit my little blog.  I am going to be playing catch up today on my visiting and will be around to see what you have all been up to.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Crafting.

24 comments:

  1. OMG Karon! Another AMAZING tree!!! WOW this is so AWESOME!!!!!
    LOVE it my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think this one is my favorite tree. It looks so festive.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I adore this tree with the cute snowman! You are a master at this! So pretty! I hate to tell you that the forecast for Christmas Day here in Texas is high of 69 degrees (f)! No snow or ice for us. Though they say it will get cold the next day like maybe 40 degrees. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed seeing your trees Karon, they are magnificent!! Compliments of the Season to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! Karon, I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Karon, this is amazing!! This may be my favorite one yet!! You did such a fabulous job with it!! Love, love it my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karon, you could seriously make some cash selling these and it seems as if you really enjoy making them. They are beautiful, unique and would be very popular at a pre-Christmas craft fair.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a neat table decoration. Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh this is ADORABLE. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon, this is stunning! You have made the most gorgeous trees this season. Though, I have to tell you, I just might have kept this one myself! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic version. So cute with the snowman. I have to find a book I can try this with once the holiday is over. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous tree gift. I can see why your friend was pleased. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon you re really doing a AWESOME job with your creations this holiday season. I have loved them all and this one is just as perfect and creative as the others. AWESOME!!!
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have really gone all out on these book displays.
    They are all so cute and creative.'
    I love the snowman scene and can see why you had trouble giving this one away :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totally envious of all the recipients of your book christmas trees! Works of art!

    Merry Christmas to you! Enjoy the season with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Karon your Christmas Tree with the cute Snowman is just gorgeous. Well done. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and all of the best for the New Year. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karon, this is absolutely stunning! All of your trees have been magical and this is no exception. Inspiring work once again! :o) I'm sure the recipient will cherish it for many years to come!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fun. Just love the little snowman and sentiment. This would look wonderful as a table setting. Hope you had a very merry blessed Christmas.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so pretty.......What a wonderful scene you have created Karon.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...