Wednesday, 3 December 2014

WOYWW #287 - Ok, Time to Confess ;-)

Hi everyone.  Happy Hump Day!

How is your week going so far?

I am joining in over at What's on Your Work desk Wednesday?  And I have a confession to make :-)

I have had some wonderful comments on my WOYWW posts, and compliments on how tidy my desk is (thanks for stopping by). Well, this week, not so tidy, and I thought I would show you two of my desks this week, as I am multi-tasking :-)

So, Desk 1, still contains my folded tree - in the background - still unadorned!  The angel (yep you guessed right) is all folded, it has been spritzed and glittered (although I may add more) and the head and trim is ready to go!  I have also been experimenting!

I was looking for a base for my angel - did you know that you can Gesso cork pot mats!  I gave it two coats and then it has the first coat of silver acrylic paint.  I am going to add glitter to the paint for the second coat and that will be my base :-)  This is the two coats of Gesso, probably could have left it at one.


Here is my desk, you can see the base there with its first coat of paint.  The angel, with no head LOL!


OK - not too messy.  Here is desk 2.  OK, I know, I am really not a messy person ;-)


I have several little stacks of cards - production line in process.  Embossed and inked backgrounds, and toppers all inked.  Ribbon ready to go.

Sorry I have nothing completed to show you this week - I really do not know where the last week went - it just got lost amongst life!

I hope you are all busy getting ready for the season. I will have these cards finished today/tomorrow as they have to be posted to the UK on Friday as it's last posting day for Christmas letters/cards from here in Canada!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Crafting.

27 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy...just the way I like it. Projects everywhere and they all look SO amazing. I love the cork base you decided on and I'm sure as soon as the angel is united with its head it will be glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gesso is my answer to everything! Can't wait to see this all finished! #24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your angel! I also have an unadorned tree ready - been sitting there for a few days. I wanted to make it look steampunk, but I have so many other projects on my mind that I completely forgot about it! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #30

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to see what you are up to. It looks like you have some stunning projects in the works. I'll wish you a productive evening every night this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have about 12 inches square clear on my desk where I assemble stuff, and pretty soon that small space will also get cluttered! Between that desk and where my computer, Cameo and Explore are - well, I best get down there to tidy up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I like seeing the process, not just completed items! You look as if you've been having fun, anyway!
    Hugs, LLJ 22 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your are too clean of a crafter...
    I wish my work area was so organized like yours, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a busy time of year. Hope your angels get their heads soon!! You do look so tidy and organized. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so smart to use those cork pads for bases and, oh my, that angel is going to be gorgeous.

    No, dear Karon, you are not a messy person. Do you want to know what a messy craft space looks like?

    The other day I had a friend over for 'play date'. She kept spying things in my stacks and piles that she wanted to see. I kept pulling them out for her perusal. Thinking of it now, it puts me in mind of Jenga blocks. When I went to pull out just one more thing... CRASH! Almost everything on that table toppled to the floor. Now that's messy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well gesso is the answer to almost all painting problems and cork is wood, right? I am so curious how you angel will look when it is finished. Please show!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 12

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those folded paper decorations are wonderful. I'm sure they're going to be beautiful when they're done!

    Your craft space looks pretty darn neat to me, btw. :-)

    Happy creating and happy Woyww,

    Sandy #23

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karon - great idea to gesso the mats. Your desk looks lovely and busy. My sort of crafting, popping between projects - heaven! Happy WOYWW, Chris # 15

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oohh, I can't wait to see the angel!! I could never participate in this because my desk is so darn messy, I can't find the surface until I undertake a major cleaning session ;) Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great space today! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm feeling the crunch for the season!
    Glenda #31

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're busy, busy but still quite neat about it all. :) Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So you're the one I've caught the tidy bug from? Maybe, or maybe not LOL. Now my work space is in my living room, I resolved to keep it as tidy as I can. I have slipped a few times though ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at all that's going on in your space love those book trees so kewl those things are and I like your space too so tidy and organized :)
    I've just made over 70 xmas cards slowly through out the year
    hugs Nikki 1

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your craft space, it looks very useful. The cards look interesting, would like to have a closer look. Happy crafting, Angela x 28

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super EXCITED!! Can't wait to see the angel!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your desks are really very tidy! Gesso is fabulous, isn't it? Those decorations are looking very nice :)
    Thanks for dropping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You really are neat. I'm not that neat even after I clean up. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karon, you are too funny, that is still not that messy :) maybe to you it is but that is not that bad. Love your tree, I might have to try that. I'll have to get an old book.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your desks don't look that bad.
    Plus you are creating…can't make a bit of a mess when creating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh I totally understand about being busy and not completing projects at this time of the year. Your "mess" is pretty neat...nothing compared to mine. lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMGosh, look at how organized you are! Even when you are crafting everything looks nice and orderly! :D
    Hugs,
    Beth P
    #49 WOYWW

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...