Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Contemplating..the whichness of the why!

Hi everyone.  How are you all?  Hasn't the month of January just flown by.

I have spent the last week or so contemplating on where my blogging and crafting is going.  I have to admit to procrastinating about this too.  I need a new look for the blog, I want to craft more, I want to blog more, but the mind is a fickle thing and doesn't want to let me go there or anywhere.

The distinct lack of posts this month, shows how I am struggling with it all.

However, I am coming up with a plan and I hope to put it into action sooner rather than later.

I have decided I need a focus, I need direction, I need order of some sort.

So, I am going to start to make lists.  Lists of things to do, techniques to try, things to achieve over a set period, anything to get that creative thing happening, that seems to have been absent of late.

Let's see where this takes me, will it help, will it happen.

I have a GDT spot next Tuesday with Die Cuttin Divas, for their Feb sketch challenge.  That is all done and ready to post.

I of course still have my fabulous Polkadoodles DT and will be posting on Friday of next week.

I hope to get this blog where I want it to be, and my crafting where I need/want it to be!

I appreciate each and everyone of you that takes the time to come visit and encourage me.

Just keep doing what you do and make me smile everyday, with your fabulous creations, inspiration, and musings :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting :-)

P.S  Step 1 - new look for the blog - check :-)

18 comments:

  1. Give yourself time... it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Karon, I'm in the same boat. Scrapbooking and Card making is my hobby and passion but I also work a full-time job and of course like everyone else, have a home and family to take care of but I know I have to make time for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm struggling, too, Karon. My issue is time...I just can't seem to find the time to craft, blog and post like I used to. Just do what makes you happy my friend :) Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mojo comes and goes. Don't sweat it to much. Follow what feels right and good. If that's making lisst, do it. The mojo will flow again. Sometimes commitments like your DT work are just the thing to carry you through. I'll be here waiting patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Follow your heart my friend and you will go exactly where you need to go. I always enjoy my visits to your blog and am always amazed and inspired by your creativity. Do what you love and love what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same. My issue is I just don't have the time to do all the things I want to do! Have fun with your lists! (I love making lists!)Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ebb and flow of creativity... and of life, for that matter! Your heart will guide you exactly where you need to be. :o) Sending you extra hugs tonight, Karon!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds familiar Karon. I have hit a brick wall since Christmas and have very little enthusiasm for anything...riding included, which is unheard of for me. I think your lists plan is a good one and might try that approach!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a solid plan to me, Karon! I am a serial list maker myself and find it so useful! Crossing stuff off after you’ve done them is very satisfying! All the best! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much to do, so little time, often makes me look like a deer in the headlights. If list-making is the answer, go for it, because we NEED to have your beautiful creations presented as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there, do what you need to do that works for you and take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm right there with you. I've been on the world's longest creative break it feels like and I'm wondering the same things. I think a step back is good for the soul and come back to it rejuvenated.
    Thinking of you and wanted to say hello and let you know I hadn't slipped off the map either...LOL.
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your blog looks great. I love the header and the patterned paper scraps down the sides.

    Lists can be very helpful, as long as you remember that they are to serve you and not the other way around.

    Blessings on your weekend,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think we all go through this at some point. I got to a point where I felt so pressured. I had to do certain things by a certain date, by being on so many DT and entering challenges. I have now left all but on DT and it ends next month. I no longer enter a challenge unless what I made fits the challenge. I want to walk into my craft room each morning and do what I want, no pressure, no deadlines etc. Too me crafting should not feel like a job. It should be fun and spontaneous. Hang in there sweetie. You will find what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new look! And we do all go through this now and then. Life gets busy and less time to craft, etc. etc. You'll get it all sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tanya's right. Follow your heart. Just don't put so much pressure on yourself. Just make/color something because you want to not have to. Relax and enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  17. we are in the same boat, my friend!!! i've been struggling for a few years now. i probably don't even post 20% of all cards that i make and i'm always behind on my commenting. :/ would love to hear how you keep on top of all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are one step ahead of me.
    I have been wanting to change the look of my blog for the last 5 yrs, lol.
    But I am scared I will delete the whole thing, lol.
    Your changes look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...