Saturday, 31 January 2015

Sketch It Saturday

Hello everyone!  How are you all?  Did you have a fabulous week?

You may have noticed the little change to the blog, just a bit of change.  With winter here, I felt I needed something Spring like and bright.

If you read my previous post, HERE, then you will know I have been struggling of late.  I think it maybe the time of year, with Winter and lack of sun, and the aftermath of Christmas.

Anyhow, I decided that it may help if I had lists, or a structure of what I want to do with my crafting and my blog.  I want to try and share more, and be more crafty than of late.

So, I will unravel it all as I go, because I don't want to commit to something that may not happen, if you know what I mean.

To start off with, I thought I could make a Saturday, a Sketch it day.  So, look for a sketch, or a challenge sketch and make something.  Helps with the try to find that mojo :-)

This morning, I decided to use a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches along with some fabulous Polkadoodles pre-coloured digis.


I love using the design sheets off the Polkadoodles CD, as they generally have all the elements you can put together.  This one is from the new Polkadoodles Work & Play 9 - Love and Kisses collection.  Nikky, has been busy adding lots of the new collections to the digital download section of the shop, so no more waiting for the postie.  Check the thumblinky below, for other options to purchase individual digis too.


I added some foam pads to the image layer, to give the card some depth.  I couldn't resist adding some Sakura Gel Pen to the papers and image and where ever seemed appropriate :-)


I inked all of the edges and then distressed them with my Tim Holtz distressing tool.

For the inside I did two simple layers and added some hearts that are cut using my Cameo and they are SVG files on the CD!


This CD is perfect for weddings, engagements, even Valentines.  


That's it for today.  Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Tuesday Morning Sketches - Sketch Challenge #285 (closes 1 Feb)

Craft Your Passions Challenges - Challenge #246: Always Anything Goes (closes 2 Feb)

Penny's Paper Crafting Challenge - Challenge #212: Anything Goes (closes 3 Feb)

Simon Says Anything Goes - Wednesday Challenge (closes 4 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.



22 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!! The images you used are so cute!! I love this my friend!! Beautiful papers and design!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty design, love the image, so cute!
    hugs jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this it's adorable.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Karon,I like the image and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling wedding card... love the cuteness of those images and your super detailing to it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh go you Karon! Great to see you're being proactive and organised! I love this - the digi is so cute and I love the touches of the curled corners and champagne glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love that sweet image and your distressed edges!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Karon, love the cute image and pretty layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card, I love it. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Karon. Love the soft pinks, the image is adorable and I love how you turned the corners down.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. I love the images you used. The colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card Karon! I love the distressed edges and turned down corners of your papers. And...that couple...oh my gosh, how sweet are they?! Their little faces are just cute as can be. Love the inside of your card as well.

    I really like the bright, happy, springtime feel to your new blog design, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card, great image!
    I agree with the slump of winter…bring on the warm weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sketch and beautiful card! Love it! Sometimes it does help to have lists but I know what you mean about sharing it just in case it doesn't work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super card

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hallo Karon, love the new look of your blog just stunning. Your card is beautiful, love the cute image and your colouring. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome take on the sketch! Absolutely adorable my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...