Friday, 27 February 2015

Fabulous Friday - Some new stuff :-)

Hi everyone.  Yay, its Friday!

My girls had some Amazon gift vouchers for Christmas, and they were struggling to spend them all. So, what is a mother crafter to do, I bought some off them of course (they have put the money in their savings instead) and this is what I ended up with.


1. Fiskars Stamp Press
2. Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink (Blossom Pastels)
3. Wink of Stella
4.  EK Succes Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
5. Ranger Glossy Accents
6. Spellbinders Celebrations - Pierced Ovals
7. Spellbinders Nestabilities - Decorative Labels 8

I did buy the wrong Wink of Stella - I wanted the brush, but these are markers. They will still get used though, and I will get them another time.

Anways, I couldn't wait to have a little play this morning.  I used the Decorative Labels 8 to make up a quick card, along with the wonderful Cheery Lynn Small Exotic Butterflies #2 w/angel wings set.


I do not own many dies, but I have to say I really love these.


I even had a flower left from the other day, when I was using my Perfect Pearls. For the inside I used the same papers and added a little tiny butterfly to the message panel.


Here's a close up.  Don't you love that butterfly.  I added some Flourish with a Bling, Pewter Adhesive pearls and they seem to have taken on the colour of the papers - so look purple.


I inked all the edges of all the papers with the new Colorbox chalk ink.  The papers are from the DCWV The Rustic Stack.  I added some ribbons to the base and top layer too.


A little bit different for me.  What do you think?

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Cheery Lynn Designs - Challenge #173: Anything Goes (closes 28 Feb)

Crafting for all Seasons - Challenge #96: Dies and/or Punches (entry #2, closes 2 Mar)

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #216: Lots of Layers (closes 3 Mar)

Craft Catz - Challenge #268: Use your Dies/Punches (closes 5 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.



22 comments:

  1. Nice little haul there Karon and a lovely card too.

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh some lovely goodies and a fab card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh lovely goodies and what a beautiful card, very elegant, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I love the design and the pretty papers!! What an awesome haul of goodies, too!! Have fun playing with them!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out really pretty Karon... I just got in my Spellbinder pierced rectangle and I don't like it one bit. Maybe I can get someone to swap it with me or what?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Karon, love the vintage look and choice of colors and dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for new toys and what a wonderful mother you are to help out your girls like that...lol! Your card is truly beautiful! I love the pretty colors and those die cuts are lovely. I really like the way you have threaded the ribbon through the cuts, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so pretty Karon.......love your gorgeous card! Looks like you had fun shopping:) Enjoy using all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Karon. You have certainly made good use of your new craft stash goodies. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Hope to see you back soon, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love your butterfly. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Challenge. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super FUN goodies and what a gorgeous card Karon!!!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That butterfly is stunning and your card is gorgeous. Isn't it exciting to get new craft supplies? I love happy mail. :)
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa
    PS - There is a free, brand-new sentiment on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stampamajig, yes, stamp press, yes, wink of Stella, yes, glossy accents yes.
    Oh, and yes to any spellbinders. I don't have those inks, but yes!
    And your results from all that shopping is awesome! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty, Karon. Love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, do get the Wink of Stella brush pen; it's awesome. But I have the pens too. I'm becoming a hoarder. I love how you used the labels dies. Your card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it! I can see how your butterfly didn't turn out how you thought, but it really is lovely. It is a different card, but clearly has your mojo going on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great haul. Lots of new toys to play with. Beautiful card. Love the cuts and papers are fab.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun goodies!! A fabulous card my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Karon, love the dies used and all your new goodies.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully stunning card! I started to say your Wink of Stella doesn't look like mine and then I read you got the wrong one. I haven't used the pen type nor bought one yet but share how you like it...I may need one of those too!


    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty, love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenges, see you Wednesday for a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aha! A truly crafty crafter! Skilfully negotiated! :)
    Have a grand weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...