Friday, 6 February 2015

Fabulous Friday

Hi everyone.    Yay, it's Friday!  I have had a fabulous week and seem to be getting more focused and more in tune with my crafting.

I still have a few days to cover in the week, but I hosted a coffee morning this week, so that threw me out a little LOL!

It's inspiration week over at Polkadoodles this week, for our fortnightly challenge and the current theme is Flower Power.

I wanted to try something a little different for mine this time around.  What do you think?


I started off with a little tiny frame, 3.25" square.  The paper, butterfly and flower are all from the Dollie Daydream Goes East collection.  This collection is now available as a CD or as an immediate download bundle, see the links at the end of the post.  The images were pre-coloured.


I layered up the butterfly, which is only 1.25", four times and added some glossy accents to the wings and body.  I did have to add some wire for the antennae because it was so small. The flower and butterfly were cut out using my Cameo.


I just loved how the butterfly looks like enamel.


For the flower I only enameled the leaves and centre of the flowers, and the bud.


My daughter, Shannon, has already claimed it for her bedroom :-)

So, why not create something and no doubt most of you add flowers to your creations, go along and enter our challenge.

I am entering this creation in the following challenges.

Clear it Out Challenge Blog - Anything Goes (closes 9 Feb)

2 Creative Chicks - Challenge #23: Anything Goes (no cards) (closes 28 Feb)

Craft Your Passion Challenges - Challenge #247: Always Anything Goes (closes 8 Feb)

Sisters of Craft - February Anything Goes (entry#2) (closes 28 Feb)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful (closes 11 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.


39 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! this is sooo....beautiful. I love the dimension butterfly. WOW! TFS and have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Karon...so pretty and lucky Shannon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful work of art Karon
    Hugs Susan xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! The butterfly looks amazing!! I love the glossy accents on the wings!! The flowers are so pretty!! What a stunning project!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project, Karon. Have a fabby weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous, I love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...you're awesome! Your chi is totally centered here and I can absolutely tell your muse is having its way with you because your project is out of the box and adventurous and 3D!!! WOO HOO! I'm glad you took the time for yourself and came back with a doozie. If Shannon weren't your flesh and blood and beautiful daughter, I might had to of fought her for it. Bwahahahaha....
    Awesome creativity Karon.
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love the butterfly inside the frames! Wonderful idea! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Karon. Love this 3D frame art. The butterfly and flowers are stunning. I would say you have your creativity juices flowing. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. This is a stunning piece of wall art. Shannon has good taste to have claimed it for herself. I love the gold frame, as well as your gorgeous butterfly and flowers.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous frame!!! Love the dimension on the butterfly! !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautifully. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges - hope to see you again soon, hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done Karon... This is stunning in every way... Love how you have it in that gold frame. I hope you have it up on your favorite part of the wall. I love making these as gift giving. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Stunning and absolutely GORGEOUS!! ADORE the butterfly!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous, Karon. You'd get good money for it if you sold it at any boutique here on Long Island.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the gorgeous creation Karon, wow this is just so beautiful.
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic entry..thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog...stop by to play again <((><

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your idea and this little frame is very pretty.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful, Shannon is a lucky girl! I really enjoy it when you step out of the card making realm. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh...my...goodness! Karon, this fabulous piece of art work is truly stunning! The frame is just perfect to showcase this beautiful butterfly. This is just gorgeous and Shannon is a smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning frame Karon and even though it is CAS in design, it is still very striking. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful and I would love to have it hanging on my wall ! Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Challenge, good luck and best wishes, Anne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a beautiful project.It would adorn any wall delightfully - especially your daughter's LOL.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh WOW this is stunning and soooo beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE this - very upset your daughter has claimed it, I was sure it would be winging (see what I did there) it's way to Scotland to come live with me!!! It's a great project xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply elegant love your butterfly bright and beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful project. Love that shiny butterfly. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a fun and pretty project.
    I can see why Shannon claimed it for herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. such a beautiful project Karon I adore it. You're one very talented lady x

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fab idea this is Karon, I love it! :) Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...