Monday, 9 February 2015

Made it Monday #2

Hello everyone.  Did you have a good weekend?

I have been in the craft room this morning and made a couple of quick cards.  I ended up getting frustrated with the mess I was making.  But it's all tidy again now :-)

I decided to get out a stencil and some ink, and make a couple of CAS cards.  Well, they are CAS for me, but couldn't resist adding some ribbon, butterfly and a flower :-)

The stencil I used on both was a Crafters Work Shop stencil called Mini Spring Fling, maybe it will help picture Spring - too much snow on the ground to do otherwise LOL!

For the first one I used CTMH inks, Sunset Yellow and Gold Rush.


The wonderful sentiment is an InkaDinkaDo sentiment and I used my Tim Holtz Distress Marker in Wild Honey.


For the inside I used the stencil again, but just going around the outside of the inside panel.


Then of course I couldn't leave it alone so after adding the ribbon I just had to add a little butterfly, this is a cut file from Birds Cards - which I have had in my little stash for a while.


The second card is along the same lines, this time using blues.  The inks I used were just the Michaels cheap ones, I really must get some more ink pads.  If you can recommend a good brand, reasonable price, let me know :-)


The quote on this one is from a CTMH stamp set D1455 Blessed and I used CTMH Star Spangled Blue.


The inside was done the same as before.


And once again, I added the little bit of ribbon and this time a Heartfelt Creations Flower - Delicate Aster, and a little pearl dot.


Which one do you like the best.  I think I prefer the blue one :-)

I hope you all have a fabulous week.  I need to get busy again in the craft room now as I get my Polkadoodles project finished for Friday.  I know what I'm doing, well sort of ;-)

I am entering these cards in the following challenges.

Catch the Bug Challenge Blog - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes14 Feb)

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #92: Always Anything Goes (closes 12 Feb)

Crafting From The Heart - Challenge#46: Anything Goes (closes 15 Feb)

Crafty Calender Challenge - February Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 6 Mar)

Craft Your Passion Challenges - Challenge#248: Always Anything Goes (closes 15 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS cards. I hope to create a couple of simple Valentine cards for my Make it Monday post. :) Hope you don't mind me copying you on a few days. I'm sharing a link to you for the idea. Have a wonderful day!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH very pretty card .Thank you for playing along with us at Craft your passion challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both are gorgeous Karon, and I really like how CAS they are.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the stenciling!! They are so beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards and sentiments Karon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous CAS cards! Awesome job my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute, love them!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely cards! The stencil you used is so soft and pretty and your inking looks fabulous. I love the sweet sentiments and embellishments you added and the insides of your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are lovely.
    I like the colours of the blue one, but love the dimension of the butterfly on the yellow one ;)
    As for inks. If you want a lot of colours, try the Momento teardrop ink sets.
    I like them because I can use them with my Copics, you get 4 or 6 colours in a set, they stamp nicely and are nice and small so they are portable for crops

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Karon these cards are lovely and what a great way to showcase the sketch with two different colors. TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards!!! Looks like you had fun with the stencil! !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fab Karons, love how you do the insides too. Great makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your CAS cards, they look so elegant. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Anything Goes) challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW both cards are beautiful. Love design and stenciling. The colors are soft and soothing. Love them both.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards - I love the way you decorate the inside of the card too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are beautiful, Karon! I gotta say the blue is my favorite :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so sweet! Probably the simplest cards I've ever seen from you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous...love the stenciling......perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty cards. Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these cards. What a great stencil. The ribbons are perfect to complete the designs.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's amazing how changing the color and the die cut makes the cards look totally different. They are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both your cards are beautiful. Love your sweet butterfly and flower. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “February Anything Goes” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new sketch and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know how I got so far behind in my reading. Catching up though! I prefer the blue one too! They are both really great. Seems like you mojo is flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful.... love that stencil.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards Karon, love the pretty stencilling and layout. Anet x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...