Monday, 16 February 2015

Made It Monday #3 - Saturday's Leftovers

Hello everyone.  Did you have a good weekend?

We are in the grips of bitter cold weather at the moment.  Yesterday it was -40c (-40f) and today is just a little bit warmer at -30c (-22f) those are the temperatures with the windchills, but it is enough to say, OK I am staying in the warm today!

I didn't do a Sneak Peek Sunday, because, well, I didn't have anything to show you a sneak of LOL!

Of course, what better place to be when it is that cold outside, in a nice warm house and I was in the craft room bright and early this morning.

I was going to tidy up a bit, but as crafters go we always seem to get side tracked.  I decided I could use up some of the leftovers from Saturday's card (check it out HERE).  That's the good thing about having a die cuttin session, lots of bits left.

So, this is what I made this morning.  I think I over did the leaves on this one, just couldn't seem to stop adding them :-)


This time I also cut a partial butterfly, using the angel wing, in the orange papers, to show the paper underneath.


For the inside, the same papers and a little message panel, and a flower to finish off.


Distressed the edges and inked the layers with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  The little sentiment stamp is from CTMH Garden Occasions.


I am hoping to be back again tomorrow, with something a little new to me ;-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Simon Says All Creatures Great and Small (closes 18 Feb)

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends -  Challenge #4: Anything Goes (closes 27 Feb)

Pile it On Challenges - Challenge #56: Butterflies (closes 21 Feb)

The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Challenge #218: Things with Wings (closes 1 Mar)

Craftin Desert Diva's - Craft it Up and Link it Up Linky Party: Use Ribbon (closes 1 Mar)

Ooh La La Creations - Challeng #174: Add Something Green (my leaves) (closes 21 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card even with all the leaves. Reminds me of a flowering vine. It is cold here today. Not as cold as you but still way to cold for us!!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my friend you sure make left overs look beautiful. Love papers, butterfly. flower and curled edge.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Karon!! What a fabulous use of leftovers!! I love the leaves!! They look amazing!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous Karon, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and the leaves are perfect.... love the butterfly and those papers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

  7. This is so sweet. I love pretty papers and the turned over corner
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card.
    I like that you folded up the corners a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon one fab card with your left overs....looks awesome and the butterfly is gorgeous as are the colours.xx

    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another amazing card Karon, see...nothing is ever wasted ( I should have a look through my box of overflowing die cuts!!) love the gorgeous paper and the pretty layered butterfly xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Karon! I love the way you put this together! Amazing!!!

    Thanks for popping by for a visit. So nice of you!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The card just emanates warmth and comfort but the partially cut butterfly in mid flight had me wowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, love that butterfly, and the papers you used are absolutely gorgeous, well done. Great added touch with the leaves/flower as well. Thanks for playing our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    Leanne DT
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. Leftovers come in handy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely design Karon, love the colors and your turned up corners
    hugs jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the leaves. They are the perfect bed for your gorgeous flower. And there you go with those luscious curled corners and curved sentiment. This card is a real beauty, Karon.
    Hugs,
    Teresa
    PS - We finally got dug out this afternoon. We could actually go someplace. If we wanted to. But I think I'll stay in my craft room too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Karon. Lovely flower and I love the leaves, too. The papers are yummy and I love the turned up corners.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fabulous! I love the partial cut under the butterfly. Very effective. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Ribbon Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous, Karon! Great way to use leftovers :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a lovely card Karon. The patterns and colors are so pretty and the butterfly is so dainty and elegant. The leaves are perfect, the pop of green really is eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card! The layers and details are wonderful!! Brrr! Stay warm,we are already 80+ here in AZ! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh, Karon!! That is fantastic!!! Nice skech and flower. I like the distressed edges. The most I like is the overal vintage view of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is beautiful!!! I love all the wonderful papers and details! Thanks for joining our Use Ribbon Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas :)
    DT Tina

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! Fab card, Karon. LOVE the shabby chic vibe.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful and elegant card Karon, love the pretty papers and distressed papers. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it! That butterfly is charming and the aster is beautiful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card. Love your sweet butterflies.
    We have been unusually warm and dry here. (mid to high 50s)
    Hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly (blogspot)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card! I love the flower! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a PRETTY card.. both outside and inside!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
    Hope to see you again soon!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. HI Karen what a beautiful card thank you for joining us at Ooh la la and good luck in the draw xx

    Debs DT Member xx
    {Debs Cards– my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful cards and I think the leaves set off that flower perfectly Thank you for entering our add something green challenge at Ooh La La Creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...