Saturday, 14 February 2015

Sketch It Saturday - Cheery Lynn Designs DT call

Hello everyone.

Happy Valentines Day!

I have had a fun filled time in the craft room this morning.  I decided that I would like to try out for the Cheery Lynn Designs Team call.  I figured that unless you try in life, you will never know where things can lead you.

First off I thought I better get die cutting, so got together some dies I wanted to work with, and had a session of cutting with my Cuttlebug.  I cut several different dies out, as I wasn't sure what I would want to use.  I have listed the dies beneath the photo.



To give some shape to my leaves and flowers, I use a small stylus and draw in from the edge of the leaf to the centre.  For the flowers, I turn them over and draw in from the outside of the petal to the centre and then roll around the front centre of the flowers.


Then it was time to assemble the flowers. 


I chose my papers and got them ready for my card.  I am using the sketch from this weeks Viva la Verve Sketches to enter their challenge.



Then came the fun part, putting it all together.  I love how this turned out.


For the centre of the flowers I added some Flourish with a Bling, Copper Pearl dots.


For the inside, as always, I used papers from the front.  Just adding a flat flower to the corner of the message panel.


I inked all the edges of all the layers with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and used my distressing tool too.

I took a couple of photo's at different angle to show off the die cuts.


I placed the central wreath up on foam pads, to give it a little more depth.


I finished off the front of the card with a Happy Birthday stamp from CTMH.


I love these flowers.

The papers I used for the flowers and butterfly, and orange layers are from the DCWV - The Rustic Stack. The musical note paper is from the GCD Studios - Antiquities stack.

I am entering this card in the following challenge.

Viva la Verve Sketches - February Sketch 2

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. What a stunner Karon. Brilliant example of what can be done with dies! Good Luck with the DT call, they would be daft to let you slip through the net!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karon, your card is stunning! What beautiful flowers you've created and Cheery Lynn butterflies are always the most gorgeous! The design and color palette create such a lovely scene. Good luck in the DT call, my friend! They would be blessed to have you!

    I've missed leaving you sparkly love... unfortunately my Blogger absence will continue indefinitely, which breaks my heart. My arm injury remains a burden and I cannot craft or type long enough to leave comments. I can peek in on my phone to see what you've been up to, but that's about it. Additionally, my sweet mom had hip replacement surgery. She requires my presence and assistance 24/7. When we are both healed up, I will return to crafting and commenting. Thank you for the love and encouragement you have always shown me. You are a blessing!

    Sparkly hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the papers and butterfly!! Good luck with the DT call!! They would be so lucky to have you!! Happy Valentine's Day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Karon! What a gorgeous card!!! I just LOVE all those flowers!!!!!!
    Fingers crossed for you my friend! You got it with your AMAZING talents!!!!
    Hugs my friend and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Karon.
    I love all the detail and the dimension in your card
    Good luck with the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karon this is just stunning. The flower arrangement is scrumptious and I am loving the music score in the background.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. All the flower pieces came together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours used, the flowers and goodies added are as darling as is your whole card. Should be a real winner for the DT call.xx


    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Karon......love the pretty flowers, fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to say..."Good luck for the DT call"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy moley....what a stunning card! You put hours into that beauty! Sure hope they pick you!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know which I'm more excited about, your potential design team position or the card. Go, Karon, go.

    Those asters are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How could they not pick up when you create such beautiful projects. The design f this card is perfection. I love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! Absolutely Gorgeous! Such beautiful flowers and as for the butterfly...FABULOUS!! Awesome take on the sketch.Good luck with the DT call my friend.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*


    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely LOVELY! A Beautiful composition, Karon!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok I'm not on the team but I pick YOU!!! Just go ahead and start making stuff for them. Haha...okay, or don't. Probably the later, but still, this card should seal the freaking deal. This is so so so so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beautiful, Karon! Good luck with the application xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, those are some gorgeous die cuts. I love how you shaped and layered those flowers. Your card is absolutely stunning; a real work of art.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card!!! You can never have too much flower dies! !! Love all the dimension on the card!!! Happy Valentine day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow! I'd say you should be in the running at least! Love those flowers! I think I need to go upstairs and play around with some of my flower dies for an album I'm designing!


    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, Karon. Your flowers are so pretty. Love the papers. This is really stunning. Good luck! they will be so glad if they pick you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow. This is so pretty! All the best for the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Soo pretty :) Good luck with the dt call :) hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Want my address? I'd frame that card, for sure, if it came to me. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another gorgeous card Karon, love the pretty flowers. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just GORGEOUS!! What beautiful flowers!!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Цветы просто потрясающие!)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...