Saturday, 21 February 2015

Sketch It Saturday - Feeling Purple

Hi everyone.  Did you have a good week?

We had a great week.  Shannon is settling in well with the new Semester courses and Emily got her Honour Roll certificate for first Semester.

Something I forgot to share last week!  I went along to the School Spelling Bee as it is Emily's last year in elementary school.  She has been in the finals the past few years, but always was eliminated in the last couple of rounds.

Well, this year after 8 rounds and 5 final rounds - she WON!!!  My heart was beating so fast after each final round and when she finally won - I was so pleased for her and she was of course over the moon excited and was crying LOL!  I have a couple of photos.  One with the school trophy which will have her name on for the 2015 Champion and one with her medal. (Sorry for the photo quality there were taken on my phone :-))

                 

Anyways, on to today's creation.  I am playing along with the Viva la Verve Sketches for February, and this is week 3.


And my interpretation using the DCWV The Rustic Stack.  


I love these papers, they have and embossed glossy or glitter finish to them.  I have used the Spellbinders Large Scalloped Rectangle for my sentiment panel.


I added the same papers on the inside, with the message panel in the pale colour.


For finishing the outside, I added some Flourish with a Bling adhesive backed Pearl Dots in chocolate and a little flower assembled with Recollections flower petals.  And of course the ribbon.


Hmmmm - not sure about this one.  Ah well, we take the good with the bad LOL!

Hope you have a fabulous rest of the weekend.

In addition to the Viva la Verve sketch challenge I am entering the following challenges.

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge #299: The Colour Purple (closes 27 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by and welcome to my new followers.

Happy crafting.

17 comments:

  1. Big Congrats to your daughter, how exciting.... love your card as well.
    Enjoy your wonderful happy weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Karon. I reeeeeally like It. Love the font of the sentiment and the papers are gorgeous. More importantly though, well done to Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Emily!! How exciting!! I so admire people that can spell...I'm terrible at it!! She should be so proud!! Your card is beautiful!! I love the pretty papers and the sentiment!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Emily - what a wonderful accomplishment! Guess I will have to depend on spell check forever!
    Your card is just lovely. The purple is so pretty and the layout is wonderful. Enjoy you weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesomely brilliant creation....love the colours , it's just gorgeous. Big congrats to Emily xxx


    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo!! Congrats to Emily!! That is AWESOME!! Your card is Simply Beautiful my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Emily! Love the pride on that young face wearing her medal! The card is cute. .. The tiny flower, the patterns. Don't knock it because it's different than what you usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG how exciting for you and especially your daughter! That is AWESOME!!! Congrats to her!!!!!!!
    Your card is beautiful Karon! Love the papers you used and the take on the sketch is perfect!!!!
    Super job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Emily. What an awesome feat. Of course you're proud and cried. I'd have done the same thing. Your card is gorgeous. And I'm loving that sketch which you interpreted beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card and congrats to Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go, Emily! You must all be just beaming! Very pretty card, lovely papers. I love your turned up corners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Karon and congratulations Emily. What an honour for a job well done. It is especially great that she persevered each year and did not give up.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's news to make a Momma proud!! Congratulations on the wonderful win Emily and what a beautiful card Karon!! Oh and because I'm here and just reading what I've missed....love that bridge your hubster built. So fun when they join in the craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Emily! What a wonderful accomplishment!! I know you were so proud. And I love your card! Great take on the sketch!!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Emily, I know your mom and dad are so proud. What a elegant card Karon. I'm really loving your curled corners.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for playing along with our theme at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing beat a proud mama moment! Congrats to mother and child! :)
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...