Saturday, 28 February 2015

Sketch It Saturday - Just a Note

Hi everyone.  Wow the weeks sure are going by fast.  1st March tomorrow and not a sign of Spring in sight!

I have a quick card for you today, following Viva La Verve, sketches for February, this is week 4.


I am trying to use up the scraps from papers I have used this past week.  I used a Kraft base for the sketch.


I used a little stamp set from Hot off the Press.  Stamped a little on the background the large note and sentiment.


For the inside I used the same papers, but didn't stamp the backing.  Just adding a tiny couple of notes to the message banner.


Now if you know me - I find it difficult to leave blank space, so couldn't resist adding some ribbon, pearl dots and the little flower.


That's it for today.  Off out to do some errands now.  So catch you all tomorrow.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.


Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #95: Anything Goes (closes 5 Mar)

Creative Fingers Challenge - Challenge #69: Anything Goes (closes 5 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the papers you used!! That music stamp is awesome!! Love your take on the sketch!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Karon!!

    Hope all is well with you! Love the card and great take on the sketch. Such lovely colors and great design.

    Thanks for the book recommendation! I too am always looking for something good and word of mouth has been my best finds.

    Have a great weekend!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the sketch Karon I like your papers and the musical note
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Great paper and I love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and I love your interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the note stamp, but could see how it might be hard to incorporate into a card design. It really works here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome take on the sketch my friend!! Very PRETTY!!
    Blessings,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so elegant Karon, those papers look perfect for your theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply lovely. The vintage papers and your inking give this card such an elegant look. The embellishments are perfect and I love the sentiment stamped along the side!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant...love the vintage look papers, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to use up the scraps from current projects for cards! Don't despair, spring will come but first it has to come to us here in the south and we STILL have ice and snow on the ground and expecting more Wednesday!! So unusual for here in TEXAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card….great to use up your scraps.
    I like the little pop of colour against the vintage coloured background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!!!! Great use of your scraps!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Fingers and good luck!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab colour combo and a great way to use up the scraps!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...