Saturday, 7 February 2015

Sketch It Saturday

Hellooooo!  I hope you all had a most wonderful week.

I have been in the craft room this morning, thought I would enjoy a couple of hours me time.  I have to take Emily and a friend to the cinema later, they are going to watch Project Almanac.

Today's sketch is one by Viva La Verve for the first sketch of February.

I decided to have another play with some of the design sheets and papers off the fabulous Polkadoodles Work & Play 9 - Love & Kisses collection (links below).


I distressed all the edges of the papers with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and also inked them up. This pre-coloured topper is such a cutie, but she also comes in the collection as a digi, so that you can colour her up yourself.  


I also added some Sakura Stardust gel pen to the image and the backing paper. just to add a little sparkle.

For the inside, I used the same papers, made my banner into a panel for a message and left a little heart there too.


I did add some foam pads to the image topper to add a little depth to the card and of course the sentiment tickets!


Are you busy making valentines cards or looooove cards :-)

I am entering this card into the following challenges.

Viva La Verve Sketches - February Sketch 1 

A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #137: Lots of Layers (closes 13 Feb)

Just Inspirational Challenges - February Challenge: Love (entry #2)(closes 28 Feb)

Ooh La La Creations - Challenge #173: Love (closes 15 Feb)

Crafting for All Seasons - Challenge #95: Have a Heart (closes 16 Feb)

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #359: Crazy in Love (closes 11 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

27 comments:

  1. What a beauty! Gorgeous card...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image and fab design,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to get a few hours of me time. I know I treasure me time. What a beautiful card. Love the fun papers, and adorable image. Great design.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, fabulous colors with a great design. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOHhh! So sweet, this card. She's an adorable image and the sparkly gel pen really works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wunderschön deine Karte
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! I like the sketch, the papers and your distressed edges! The result is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so, so sweet. The image is just darling and I love the sparkle. The inside of your card is just as darling as the outside - cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Karon, I like the adorable image
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous, Karon!! The image is so sweet!! I love the papers and the sparkle!! The inside is fabulous, too!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the image and the pretty papers Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Karon! I love all your layers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card and look at you decorating the inside too ... Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous design and delicious colours. I love those tickets.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so so pretty, Karon. Love the sketch too.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karon this card is just stunning, I love the image on the outside and how you made it so pretty inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply an adorable card! Love that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very SWEET image on a ADORABLE card my friend!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love this soooooo much, it's pink, it's girly, it's perfect! Mine!!!! Lol!!! Y x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just pure adorableness! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous. I love what you do with these CD's. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh I like this sketch as I love banners :)
    Such a pretty card, love those papers and your cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty card, the inside is as lovely as the outside! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...