Wednesday, 25 February 2015

What's new Wednesday - Painting with Perfect Pearls

Hello!  Happy Hump Day.  Hope your week is going well.

This morning I spent some time getting messy with Perfect Pearls.  Did you know you can paint with them?  I didn't,  I always thought you had to use the Perfect Medium that comes with them.

Anyways, I decided to use some of the fabulous flower and stems cut files from Polkadoodles to make up another card and have a play with the flowers.

So these are the Perfect Pearls I used today. All you do is add a little scoop (a little goes a long way) to a paint palette and then add a little bit of water.  And off you go.


I painted up the leaves first, here is one completed the other plain.


Then I attacked the flowers.  I painted several layers on some and just one on others.  And then the gold for the centres too.



Then I assembled them up and made up my card.


The papers and scroll are from the fabulous Dollie Daydream Goes East collection.


I also added some Perfect Pearls to the scroll too.  Here's an angled shot to show the flowers.


The flowers centres are the adhesive backed Pearl dots from Flourish with a Bling.  Here's another close-up.


For the inside the same papers and my message panel.


I distressed the edges and rolled up the corners - love that you are all liking those corners :-)


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Challenge #80: Use a Sentiment (closes 16 Mar)

613 Avenue Create - Challenge #112: Anything Goes - twist Birthday (closes 28 Feb)

DL.ART February Linky Challenge - Anything Goes (closes 28 Feb)

Inky Chicks - Challenge #47: Flowers (closes 14 Mar)

Simon Says Stamps - Monday challenge: No Rules (closes 1 Mar)

Appreciate you stopping by and hello to my new followers.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. Wow!! So beautiful!! I have never used perfect pearls but it is on my wish list now.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love Perfect Pearls. You probably know this but you can also put a small scoop in a spritzer bottle with water in and you have a mica effect spray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and beautiful card! I've never used perfect pearls like that. I've use the spray but not the little pots like that for painting. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing!! You've made me want to pull out my Perfect Pearls and play!! Love this!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card.
    In all of my years of crafting (my whole life actually, lol) I have never used perfect pearls.
    Such a pretty effects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is just spectacular! I am loving the beautiful shimmer and shine and deep, rich colors. I'm thinking I need to add some Perfect Pearls to my ever-growing "need" list! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always put a lot of class and glamour in your cards, just love this one. It's funny as I have been looking for my stock that I put away in a safe place and came across my perfect pearls brush, with intentions of using them....then I see you have used yours....what inspiration Karon.xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh...how pretty! I love the sheen you get with the Perfect Pearls. That scroll is so cool and goes so well with your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Karon! I have a few of these perfect pearls and have no idea how to use them! LOVE how you shared a new idea for me :)
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Karon this card is beautiful! I have never tried the perfect pearls but they sure give such a great look to the flowers:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card. I will definitely have to pull my perfect pearls out and start using them! I just love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, isn't that just fabulous? I love the sheen of the Perfect Pearls and it goes so nicely with your color scheme. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Thanks for the tip about perfect pearls. I will try this. I think this would be easier to control than the sprays. They never seem to come out like I want. Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm back and I STILL love it! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week and I hope you'll join us again soon.

    Hugs,
    Em AKA Creative Em
    613 Avenue Create DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, your flowers are gorgeous and I love the scroll too. I am now VERY tempted to buy some Perfect Pearls so I can paint with them.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous inside and out!!! I love the colors and the tutorial is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning...love the vintage look of your card. I have a few perfect pearls, I have added them to home maid mists. Painting with then is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers are awesome, Karon. I don't use my Perfect Pearls enough, and I have stuff called Miracle Mica (or something like that) too that's waiting for me to make use of with gel medium. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very pretty! Love all the shimmery detail! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card Karon. Love the shimmering effect. The flowers are absolutely beautiful. Love the scroll. perfect card.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, Karon... Love my PPs too!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found you, winner! Congrats on the Simon Says Stamp win! nsee nice job.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...