Wednesday, 18 February 2015

What's New Wednesday - Peek-a-Boo Card

Hello.  Happy Hump Day.

Thanks for all your fabulous comments and good luck wishes - lets keep our fingers and toes crossed eh!  :-)

Wednesday's are going to be all about trying something new.  It could be a new technique, a new card fold (like today) just anything new to me :-)

I had to give this fabulous card a try, Norma Lee over at Splitcoast Stampers has this wonderful tutorial for this card and it can be found HERE.

I have to admit though, it was a difficult card to photograph.

I used the last of the butterflies and flowers from Saturday's session.  Same colour scheme etc with a little bit of colour added to the stamped images.


The stamped image is a Memory Box stamp called Butterfly Study.  I coloured it a little with my Prisma pencils.

I took a photo of it laying flat.  For the frames I used Spellbinders Labels 8.


And when you open up the card, it pulls the sentiment panel into the frame :-)  This sentiment was a Studio 12 (Michaels) stamp.  I think I may add a little more colour to this panel.


Here is a photo of the card, from over head so you can see the folds.


For the butterfly and the centre of the flowers I added the Flourish with a Bling sticky back Pearl Dots in Copper.


Turned up my corners and added a little sentiment to the front. Just a Note by Hot off the Press.

That's it, my new for today :-)

Hope you are having a fabulous week so far.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafting for all Seasons - Challenge #96: Dies and/or Punches (closes 2 Mar)

Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #203: Odd Card (closes 22 Feb)

Just Inspirational Challenges - Challenge Hand Made Flowers (closes 23 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.


24 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant design Karon, great dimension too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very beautiful card! And I can see how it would be hard to photograph but you did good!


    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Karon I like the fabulous colours and the design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Karon! love all the pretty details and your little turned up corners!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the design!! The details you added are perfect!! Beautiful card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Karon. Beautiful papers and they window is awesome. Love all the embellishments you added. You are to creative my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow -what an intricate fold! It turned out beautifully, the window is really fabulous. Love the pretty papers and lovely embellishments. This card is so pretty - you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon this is just gorgeous. Loving the ornate windows and the beautiful autumn hues.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card cut, but what's really outstanding is your attention to detail in embellishing. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Karon, this is super gorgeous. I love the rich patina and I see you used more of your beautiful die cut flowers and leaves.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karon, this is gorgeous! I saw that tutorial and it seemed pretty involved. Kudos to you for not only trying it but mastering it. Every detail of this card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sooooo pretty! LOVE the soft peachy colours.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card Karon, great colour, and your design is lovely, a fabulous creation!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card!!!Love the colors and butterfly!!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card and love the colours and butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. I watched this video earlier today and know I'm going to try it at some time.
    Your card is gorgeous.
    Such a fun card :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this card is beautiful and elegant Karon, just love it. Have a wonderful weekend! Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! That is a very cool card design. Looks like it took a bit of effort, but paid off in big ways. I'd love to see what you'd do with this a second time.

    Keep the mojo flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is gorgeous. What a great card fold. I'll have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly (blogspot)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The butterfly is BEAUTIFUL!! Love this card!!
    ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous card Karon, love the layout too
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...