Friday, 13 March 2015

Fabulous Friday - Birthday Wishes - it's a man thing!

Hellooo!!  Seems this week has just gone!

I didn't get time to do a What's new Wednesday and then I was going to make it Thursday - but hey life got in the way for a little while :-)

Today is the start of a new challenge over at Polkadoodles, it's a really easy one - Birthday's!

It's someones birthday every day of the year, and I know you all have cards to make - so get making :-)

I decided to get ahead and make Andy's birthday card for May - at least I then know it's done.  I used the pre-coloured images of Winston off one of the Design sheets.


Another Z fold card, seems to be a goodie to go to at them moment.  So easy! Take a pre-folded card, this is 6.5" by 5" and fold the top half in half LOL!.  That is it, then add your panels.


As you can see I layered up Winston in his fishing boat.  Added a little bit of black cotton for the fishing line, and a little Glossy Accents to the fish bait.


I love inking the edges of the layers and the image layers with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink, so much so that I have to go buy a re-inker for it :-)

For the inside I added a message panel and layered up the papers, and added some paper buttons too.


This would also make a good retirement card, I think.  Long way off for Andy yet LOL!


I have been thoroughly enjoying the decoupage layers lately.  Takes a little time but the finished result is so wonderful.

So, now you go off and get some birthday card's made and come along and enter our Birthday's challenge.  You have until the 27th March to enter and remember you do not need to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges.  You could win the whole download bundle of the fabulous new Eden collection.

** Eden Download Collection - Big Kahuna Digital Craft Bundle

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Birthday Challenge (closes 16 Mar)

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Challenge #5: Anything Goes (entry #2)(closes 14 Mar)

Through the Purple Haze Challenge blog - Challenge #81: Anything Goes (closes 14 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.


37 comments:

  1. Fab card Karon, so sweet, Winston will always be my favourite I think! Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fab image,this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable Karon! Love the cutie elements in this set!
    Have a GREAT Friday and weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Karon, I like the great image and the design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable!! I love the sweet image!! The z fold looks fabulous!! Gorgeous card - I love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutly gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the depth and texture on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! I love it, Karon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work, love the papers and the image, lovely!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karon, your card was the "a hah" moment when saw how awesome percolated images and digi papers could be. Stunning xxx
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is gorgeous. These images are some of the prettiest precolored images I've ever seen. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, great card for a bloke.
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. all is can say is FANTASTIC..

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this image and haven't used it yet. Your card is an inspiration and perfect for any man.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love love love this.Thanks for sharing with us at TTPH this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous design, Karon. It is beautiful inside and out. Now you are making me want to use a z-fold, something I haven't done in a long time.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a perfect masculine card.
    Great idea to make his Birthday card early….I didn't make Wayne one, and I still hear about it, lol.
    I like the layers…perfect

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely adorable card!!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, hope you join in our new challenge as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Masculine card Karon, that bear image is just so adorable. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great design.......perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karon, I've been the worst blog friend this week, but you've been busy crafting. This card is lovely and I hope that Andy feels special on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous! Lovely layers, great papers and a darling image -this card has it all! Love the fold and your amazing inking !

    ReplyDelete
  23. adorable Karon. What's not to like about your creation x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh gosh! The bear is just way too cute!! Absolutely adorable my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome Z-fold card. The bear in the boat is tooooo cute. Love it my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulously cute man-card!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE this card! Looks amazing! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Life does get in the way! I didn't do all my daily posts either and I think it's okay! Love, love, love this card! So cute!!


    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card Karon, so cute!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG !!! jist amazing
    hugs Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooo, love this, the fold is fab.xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your card and keep forgetting about Winston fishing image ... must add it to my "to do" list. Great card shape too. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Karon, This is so beautiful. I LOVE it.
    Hugs
    Naz xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...