Monday, 16 March 2015

Made it Monday #6 - A quick..ish card

Hi everyone.  Happy Monday.

We are on March break this week so the girls are having a moochy day - pyjamas only day.  They had a good lay in this morning.  Me - nope, up at the crack of dawn - 5:30am, body clock hates me and doesn't know we are on a break LOL!

Anyhow, whilst they were still in bed I headed off to the craft room.  I decided I would take a look at some of the paper stacks I have and see if I can make some quick cards from there.

Today's quick easel card, is using the DCWV The Tradewinds Stack.

I used two of the same sheets to layer up the butterfly and key element.


I kept the card very simple, with no added embellishments - great for posting!  Distressed all the edges and inked them up with CTMH Outdoor Denim.


Just cutting out and layering the top panel - gives it a little bit more depth.  These are lovely papers that have foil elements added to them, like here - the butterfly and key.

For the little sentiment panel, I used some navy card stock and then some Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold.  I think the sentiment is perfect, because of the map on the papers.


I think this could be a great - just because card :-)


So, there you have it - when you need a quick card - go to your paper stacks and see what you can find.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Challenge #6: Anything Goes (closes 4 Apr)

Craft your Passions Challenges - Challenge #253: Anything Goes (closes 22 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

22 comments:

  1. It might be a quick-ish card but it's a fabulous card! Love those papers and the butterfly/key is perfect!


    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you described it a quick-ish card.... It sure is pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some time quickies are the best as is this card. So elegant. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card Karon, love the key and the sentiment certainly fits the theme perfectly. Have a good week with your girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design Karon, love the key.
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the papers and design! Nice idea ti put the key!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick-ish card? ...Just GORGEOUS!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the butterfly and the key!! The paper is fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card, Karon! Love the rich colors you chose and the gold. I happen to love pajama days and am looking forward to a couple of them next week when we are on Spring Break. I'll be in my craft room too! Thanks for linking up with us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!!
    I like the gold with the dark paper.
    You were up at 5:00!!!! as in AM?!
    I get up at that time, because my honey is snoring, but I go on the couch and go right back to sleep, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Elegant...love the navy and gold combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karon this is just Brilliant. Love the design and butterfly and key along with the fab colour tones used..xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning creation; so very elegant.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. I love your color combo, Karon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Karon! This is so pretty! I love the colors and that butterfly along with the key add a vintage feel.... :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. It may be quick but it is stunning. Great sentiment and I love all the gold with the navy. Beautiful butterfly and key.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the colors you used with this butterfly. The gold really stand out on the butterfly and key. Thank You for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful quick card, quite elegant. Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafting Friends, wish you luck and hope to see you for C#7.
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute card. I agree with you on the whole body clock thing. Been up for a while in a quiet house. Yay us!

    The butterfly is so darn effective. I just love to find these gems in a piece of patterned paper. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! Love the key detail. That paper stack is beautiful.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...