Monday, 30 March 2015

Made it Monday #7 - Milking Time :-)

Hello. Happy Monday fellow crafters and bloggers :-)

Did you all have a good weekend?  We are getting ready for Shannon to leave on her exchange trip this Wednesday.  She is off to Spain :-)  She is getting quite excited now, only two more sleeps :-)

No Sneak Peek Sunday, yesterday cause, well, there wasn't anything to show you :-(  Never mind, back at it today.

I disappeared into the craft room this morning.  Needed to get a DT card made for Friday and then had a little time left to make todays card too.

When I first got into card making many moons ago, I used to do a lot of layered (decoupage/3D) cards.  But then life stepped in and we emigrated, and when I started back up with cards detailed layering seemed to not be done as much. However, I have really enjoyed doing these last lot of cards, it's fun deciding where to cut the layers etc.

Also, I wanted to clarify something.  Some people have left a compliment (thanks) saying how fabulous my colouring is - however, I do state in my posts that they have been pre-coloured (like todays) by Nikky, Polkadoodles, boss lady :-)

I go through different stages with colouring - sometimes I do a good one, other times they just end up in the bin LOL!

Anyhows, on to todays card.

I have used another fabulous pre-coloured digi from the new Work and Play 10 - Country Life.


I made a spring fold card again today.  Everything is from this wonderful new collection.


Aren't those little cats, adorable - they come as digis too - for you to colour if you wish.

I did a close up shot, to show the depth.


I inked all the edges of all the layers and then added some pearl dots to the butterfly and the flower in her hair.


Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving all your fabulous comments.  Once again, I am playing catch up on visiting your blogs, so will be around soon :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Challenge #135: Girly (closes 2 Apr)

A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #141: Shaped cards - Anything but Square (closes 10 Apr)

613 Avenue Create - Challenge #117: A True Anything Goes - no twist (closes 4 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.


30 comments:

  1. Such a cool card, Karon! She is so sweet - love her hair. What an amazing opportunity for your daughter. Will you get to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this one Karon and am so excited because I have just treated myself to this collection...yay!! Wishing Shannon a fabulous time in Spain xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I so love the shape xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Karon and I too, love the shape. I hope Shannon has a wonderful time in Spain and you don't miss her too much ... you know what us mother's are like; say one thing but think another lol x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Karon! I hope your daughter enjoys her trip! And I guess I'm one of those that may have overlooked while reading your post about the coloring.... I'm not that good and it yet and I see so many that are.... I think I'll look into the Pre-colored digi's when I make a bad one too.... :) Have a great day! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are outstanding and all a work of art.
    I have done decoupage 3D art back in the day :)
    I love the cute kitties and the bow with the butterfly at the top of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card Karon! I just LOVE the card shape too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card design and image... Congrats to your daughter how exciting Spain... I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make such amazing cards Karon. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A work of art Karon.....love the design.Such a sweet image...love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is really cute, Karon! I love the design and embellishments! Wishing Shannon a great time in Spain! I hope she will love it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and so glad to see the pre-coloured digis being used in this way. Hope your daughter has an amazing time x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, DT card and just for fun cards...you are truly an organized woman!! I love the fold of this card. You must be reading my mind because I've been itching to make another one lately. Thanks for the motivation!!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colouring, lovely work.!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful fold - love the way the image stands up for display. And, what a fun image - she is super sweet.
    Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for your daughter, I know she must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous shape and fold - love the layout! hope your daughter has a wonderful time!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and fabulous fold. I like how you inked up all of your edges.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card. You are really creating some cute with with these images.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a pretty fold. Love the images on Polkadoodles cd's. Your layering is always gorgeous. I hope Shannon has a wonderful "exchange" experience.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable, Karon! I love the design, shape of your card and the image! Oh my! Love that little girl and the kittens!!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting that she is going to Spain! !! Hard on you both but a fun experience! Wishing her the best! Beautiful and fun card! Love the the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the way you experiment with folds in your cards. This one is fabulous. I think colouring requires a lot of patience which is why I use my copics to colour my brads...lol

    Hope your girl has a fun time in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow this is an amazing twist on the popup diamond design. Just love the fun image and colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  24. She's so adorable. Though I do love it when you color, you make the most of these pre-colored images as well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A Fabulous & Fun card my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so gorgeous!! I love the fun fold!! The details you added are awesome!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nicely composed! Love the fold, as well! Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh so cool!! cute image and love the distressing:) That butterfly is gorgeous!! So happy you joined in the fun at Fussy and Fancy!!
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...