Saturday, 7 March 2015

Sketch It Saturday - Birthday Wishes

Hello everyone.  Hope your weekend is off to a good start.

I don't know what is up with me the last few days.  Feel like I could burst out crying any moment. Think the pre-menopausal maybe menopausal LOL!

Ah well you have to laugh - or I would end up crying!! :-)

Anyways, in order to combat this feeling, I squirreled myself away in the craft room and made a quick card.

Using the wonderful March, Week 1 sketch at Viva La Verve.


I used the wonderful Polkadoodles Winston Deluxe Papercrafting collection - the links are at the end of the post.


This is Etty, she is Winston's little friend.


Using the Design sheet and pre-coloured image, I layered up Etty with some foam dots.  I inked all the edges of all the layers including the layers on Etty.


For the inside, using the same papers and a message panel, to which I have added to little flowers.


Isn't she super adorable!


Hope the rest of your weekend goes well.

Our clocks Spring forward tomorrow morning, so one hour less sleep - do your clocks go forward in your part of the world.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Viva La Verve Sketch Week 1 

Inky Impressions Challenges - Challenge #199: Dots or Stripes (closes 10 Mar)

Crafting by Designs - March Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 25 Mar)

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #217: One for the Girls/Female cards (closes 10 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful design layout and dimension xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous Karon and I hope the little crafty recreation helped the hormonal balance!! Our clocks spring forward at the end of the month, darker mornings for a while and lighter evenings xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how CUTE!!! Nicely done! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of your mood - this card is just gorgeous! The papers, layers and inking are all beautiful. And that sweet little teddy is precious. I love everything about this soft, girly card.
    I'm right there with you with this hormonal business. I'm 53 and still haven't "leveled out". I'm wondering if I will ever be "level" again...lol. Hang in there my friend, it's gotta get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is full of teddy cuteness.... Great job Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is absolutely adorable, Karon!! What a sweet teddy!! I love the papers and the design!! This should definitely make you smile - it's fabulous!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feeling you on the roller coaster of emotion! We'll just hang on together! In the meantime, you rocked it on the card! Pour that emotion into your craft. It is beautiful, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's super cute! Gorgeous card, Karon

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful design, Karon. Your attention to detail (like the inked edges and curled corner) is impeccable.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bear is just Precious!! A very SWEET card my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so super ADORABLE Karon!!!!!! What a great paper collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww your card is adorable. I love the layers you added to the cute bear and her dress.
    Great card sketch as well.
    Great idea to distract you from your emotions by doing something you enjoy..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorabel...love all the layering of pretty papers. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully designed card Karon. Love the mix of soft vintage pinks and your Decoupaged image is so sweet. Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment at Cheery Lynn Designs.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe you need to watch a sad movie and just have a good cry. Your card is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww....this is darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A sweet card all round, Karon.Love that image.
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now this is one card that would bring a smile to anyone. Love the papers, design and the adorable teddy.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is positively adorable! Perfectly sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...