Saturday, 28 March 2015

Sketch It Saturday - Relax

Hi everyone.

It's Saturday!  Andy is out with Shannon, looking at new cars - we maybe replacing ours, we will see :-)

Emily has just got out of bed - hey Saturday is relax day :-)

I have been in the craft room - say Yay!

For my card today I am using the March, week 4 sketch at Viva La Verve.


Our Nikky, at Polkadoodles has been at it again.  I can't believe she has another new release for you.


And here is my card.  I have used a pre-coloured digi, also available in black and white for you to colour, as are all the digis in the Polkadoodles collections.  More links below.


I love the detail on these digitals and Nikky's amazing colouring!  Decided to make it look 3D by doing a little decoupage.


For the inside I used the same papers.  I had a spare digi cut out, so used the branch and squirrel to decorate the inside too.


Here is an angled shot, to show more of the depth.


I inked all the edges of all the layers with CTMH Sorbet.  A little ticket sentiment to finish off.


I have not over embellished this, as I wanted the focus on that fabulous image.  Everything on this card is from this wonderful new release.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Viva La Verve Sketch, Week 4 March

Craft Your Passion Challenges - Challenge #254: Always Anything Goes (closes 29 Mar)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Challenge #73: Anything Goes (closes 3 Apr)

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #99: Anything Goes (closes 2 Apr)

Seize the Birthday - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 7 Apr)

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

20 comments:

  1. Great sketch and fabulous card! What a darling little scene you've created with these fun images. Looks like a great way to spend a lazy Saturday - a little nap, yummy lunch and sweet company! This card has it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card!! The image is so adorable!! The squirrel is so cute!! I love the dimension you added!! The inside is fabulous, too!! Yay for craft room time!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Karon and definitely a kit I need to have!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. I love how you colored the little guy and the dimension you gave it
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MARCH Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Karon! Your card is amazing! I LOVE your coloring and how it gives it so much depth! Simply Wonderful! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing colouring - wonderful depth! Awesome card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the way these digis are colored. They always look fantastic the way you layer them. Love the boy with his bare feet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created on beautiful scene card. Love the image, the soft colors and beautiful papers.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome take on the sketch. A Beautiful card my friend! Sweet image.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design, Karon. I love the colours and how the sentiment extend beyond the card front.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous Karon, love the scene you created and the pretty paper. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so adorable. After a weekend of wallpaper removal (that is work!) I am inspired by your dude having a bit of relaxing. Guess I might go do some of that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In one word. Gorgeous.

    LP, Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for being in the craft room and Yay for a new car too? Love your adorable card!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww such a sweet card.
    I love the little squirrel and that you added him to the inside of the card as well.
    So so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous card, and I love all of the dimension you have added! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! that is really 3D! Awesome card and super coloring :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...