Wednesday, 18 March 2015

What's new Wednesday - Exploding Handbag plus...

Hi everyone!  Happy Hump Day.

I had a little time this morning, before having to take Emily for a hair appt - she has had a beautiful red/violet highlight/stripe coloured in her hair :-)

I wanted to have a go at this fabulous Exploding Handbag that is on Splitcoast Stampers this week - here is the link to the tutorial.

Now you should all know me by now, in that I do like to see if I can make things smaller and also using 8.5" by 11 paper instead of the 12" by 12".

Anyhow what I have to share with you today are 3 of these bags, but just the bags.  I am going to decorate some up later in the week.

I have also done a quick table - for the paper sizes you need to make them all - but please follow Liz Walker's tutorial in the link above, for how to assemble and scoring etc.

This is the small bag open.


This would be a perfect size to fit a couple of treats inside.


And then the Large (as per the original tutorial) - base of the box is 4" by 4", Medium - base of the box is 2 3/4" by 2 3/4", and Small - base of the box is 2" by 2", all together. 


I think these have so many uses, party favours, wedding gifts, baby shower - you name it!  Just use different papers etc depending on your theme.

I might even make those handles a little smaller - but then that would be up to you :-)

Here is the table I mentioned with Paper sizes and score details.  If you watch the tutorial, these should make sense LOL!


I have this for my records now - so will show you some made up bags hopefully later in the week :-)


So, a quick post today.  

Shannon has her hair appointment tomorrow, she is having her hair high-lighted/low lighted what ever :-).  Only two weeks before she is off to Spain!

Hope you are all having a great week so far.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

22 comments:

  1. Love those fun papers, I did the 12 x 12 but didn't like how it was so I tacked mines down with some tacky glue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable little handbags these are and so perfect for holding a small gift.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so awesome!! I saw that tutorial and wanted to create it...you've done a fabulous job!! Thanks for the dimensions!! Gorgeous papers!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this - these look fabulous
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these little purses are soooo cute! These would make such fun gifts for my girlies - love the papers you used. I really need to give this a try, thanks for sharing the measurements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These bags are SENSATIONAL and they match your blog!!! LOL. I can only imagine how amazing they'll be fully decorated, but even as is...I love the design!! Have fun on the hair day!! :) Sounds like it will be beautiful.
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing those measurements!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! What a great idea for treat holders! And thanks so much for sharing the dimensions to make the different sizes!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all so Pretty!! I love that you can add a fun treat!
    Awesome job my friend!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so cute!!! What a novel idea :-) Thanks for sharing and all the info! If I ever can manage to get back to papercrafting, these will be on my list of "must try"!!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are really cute. I'm glad you like doing the math to resize things. I have a hard time with that so I appreciate it being done for me.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable, Karon. I love the smaller ones, they are so cute. I really want to try these. Thanks so much for the measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw the video and tutorial for this on splitcoast stamper's ,you did a great job .I can't Wait to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those turned out really cool Karon! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are BRILLIANT! Going to make one myself today. Thank you for the inspiration, Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, these are fabulous gift holders. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh these are so so cute.
    I may make a batch of them with my papers I was going to donate ;)
    Thanks for sharing…looking forward to seeing your purses all decked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant project, Karon. Will you be putting something sweet inside? :)
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to get here more often to see your brain at work. These are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...