Wednesday, 4 March 2015

What's new Wednesday - a new Fold

Hi everyone. Middle of another week! Hope you are having a good one.

This morning I remembered that it is Mother's Day in the UK on the 15th March, here in Canada it is not until May 10th.  However, as my mother-in-law lives in the UK, I thought I better get one made, so that I can pop it in the post tomorrow :-)

I have a new fold for you today, the great tutorial I followed can be found HERE, at Marianne's blog Mariannes Papirverden - I did change the measurements a little and will give you those below :-)

Here is the card I made this morning, once again using the wonderful Rose Budd Papercrafting CD Collection.


Everything is from this wonderful CD, well that is accept the Mother's Day stamp (which is a See D's stamp from the Springtime Swirls set).


I changed the measurements slightly, in order to use an 8.5" by 11" card stock.  My base measures 10.75" by 6".  And then I scored at 2.75", 4.5", 6.25" and 8". Folding a valley fold, 2 mountain folds and another valley fold.

Excuse the little clip at the bottom of this photo, I wanted to show you the card closed up to put in an envelope. The finished size when closed is 3.75" by 6".


I inked all the edges of all the layers, after distressing them, with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.  I also added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the butterfly, and some little gold antennae.


The large oval was cut using the Spellbinders Pierced Ovals set.  Some of the roses and the butterfly we placed on pop dots to add a little dimension.


I will be popping this in the post tomorrow, so that it will get to the UK in time for Mother's Day :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #101: Mother's Day (closes 15 Mar)

Just Inspirational Challenges - Challenge: Mother's Day (closes 9 Mar)

Ooh La La Creations - Challenge #175: Lots of Folds (closes 15 Mar)

The Shabby Tea Room - Challenge #247: Pop of Pink (closes 15 Mar)

Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenges - Challenge #80: Use a Sentiment (entry #2) (closes 16 Mar)

Sentimental Sunday's - Challenge #248: Anything Goes (closes 6 Mar)

Paper Sweeties - Challenge #29: Waiting for Spring (closes  31 Mar)
papersweeties-inspiration#29

Sisters of Craft - March Anything Goes (closes 31 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.


37 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card. Your mother-in-law will feel really special when she gets this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty, Karon, and what a fun new fold!
    Any mother would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so pretty Karon, a really gorgeous design!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the style of this card!! I am going to make one.
    Beautiful!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. Love the fold never tried this fold before. A must do. Beautiful papers. Really love the envelope with the card sticking out.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that fold! Awesome and such a beautiful Mother's Day card!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog


    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great cold and suits the artwork perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty fold design and gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Karon, I like the fabulous design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the fold!! The papers and details are so beautiful!! Fabulous card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh, this is gorgeous. I just love that fold. Now that is another one I will have to try. :)
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzers - this is gorgeous! This fold is great, makes a wonderful display card. And, of course, your card is more than display worthy! The papers, layers, flowers and butterflies are all beautiful and made even more so with your inking and glossy accents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Karon, this is such a pretty card.
    And a fun fold as well.
    I am sure your mother will love receiving your beautiful card in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous,fab colours and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting folding! Nice papers, colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card, love, love, love this. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE those beautiful blooms and the fabulous fold! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for taking part in our JIC challenge, your card is so delightful and delicate,
    and is a joy to look at .. good luck hugs tracy

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty. Will have to try this fold.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's GORGEOUS Karon! I love your layers :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karon your card is lovely! I love all the details and that's a great fold for it too. You're spot on with the inspiration picture.

    Have a great day!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful. Your MIL will love it. Love that fold.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love all those pretty blooms! Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Paper Sweeties :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Card thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations Hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an interesting fold. Great job, Karon!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the fold, the papers, the colors - everything. Just beautiful. TFS, Karon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is gorgeous! I love the creative folds and shape! Thanks for playing along with Paper Sweeties! :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card, beautiful design, you have inspired me to try one of these...very pretty! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Pop of Pink" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the design Karon.....just beautiful! So Happy you shared it with us in The shabby Tea room!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a beautiful card and so perfect for Mother's Day, so pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I fell off the grid and missed this, but I'm LOVING this fold!! Gorgeous makes you've posted lately too and I loved the latest sneak peeks. Sounds like you had a great weekend and yes, I too mourn the hour of beauty sleep I lost! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous project!!! Thank you for joining us at Just Inspiration Crafts - Jo Baker - DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful! I love the card design and fold. I've never seen this one before. Thanks so much for joining us in the Paper Sweeties Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card thank you for entering our lots of folds challenge at Ooh La La Creations Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is just breathtaking! Love the card fold - so creative!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Sweeties March Inspiration Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at the Sisters of Craft monthly challenge. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...