Monday, 20 April 2015

Made it Monday #9 - One of those...

Man cards!

Hello and Happy Monday.

Firstly my apologies for the lack of posts this last week.  Emily was off school poorly all week and I really didn't feel 100% either, and didn't feel at all like crafting.

We ended the week though on a good note, in that we got a new car, a Nissan Rogue.  All bells and whistles that I now have to get used too, but it's lovely to drive.

Anyways, I had a quick visit to the craft room this morning and made a card.  I have used the wonderful new realease of Twiggy and Toots, it's available for pre-order now!


This lovely scene is a pre-coloured topper from the collection.  I printed it 4 times and then used the Spellbinders Labels 8 dies to make up the pyramid card.


All the edges of all the layers were inked with CTMH Crystal Blue ink.


For the inside I used the same papers and a message panel.  Adding the tree for more interest.


The layers of the pyramid have been place on foam tape to add some depth and a little ribbon to the base layer, along with some sequins which have been topped with Flourish with a Bling Pearl dots in Teal.


To finish off the front I couldn't resist adding these fun ticket sentiments.


An effective, yet quick card.

I am entering this creation in the following challenges.

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Challenge #8: Anything Goes (closes 1 May)

CD Sunday Challenge - Layer it Up (closes 2 May)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Challenge #76: Anything Goes (closes 23 Apr)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #102: Anything Goes (closes 23 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. LOVE your card Karon! The Pre Colored Owl is so sweet! Congrats on the new car! I have that same car too! LOVE it! Great Gas Mileage too! Enjoy your new ride!!! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card and it looks like a great CD.....another on the Wish List methinks. Happy new car too.....enjoy the drive. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card karon, I've just been colouring the same image! I always forget about using my dies in this way so a good reminder.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this time.

    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Karon ich bin begeistert von deinen Arbeiten
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card for a guy! Adorable!! And congratulations on the new wheels! Awesome!! :)

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karon, your pyramid card is gorgeous! What a precious image and I love the crystal blue inking! The interior is so lovely, too. :o) Congrats on your new car and I'm so happy you're feeling better. Have a blessed day, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah these are soooo cute! your coloring is just phenomenal, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful creation and from a CD I must investigate as I have seen lovely images. Love the pyramage and the inking around it. Thanks for joining us this time.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Karon, I like the image and your design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your card Karon!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on the new ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karon,
    Your card is amazing! The layers are just stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends!
    Hugs
    Sandra (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so funny! You start the post with not feeling good and then you describe your visit into the craft room to "pop" out this card...LOL..it's like a layered masterpiece. Amazing what you can create under the weather and then brace yourself for when you're 100%. Hope the germs are all gone now and congratulations on the NEW CAR!! Sounds wonderful.
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute card. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Only took a new car to perk you up. lol
    Enjoy your new wheels and happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW love the layering on your card Karon...you have made it look absolutely stunning
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, inside and out. I'm glad you are feeling better. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another adorable, yet beautiful card.
    Such cute image.
    I love the pearl added to the sequin, such a neat touch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you feel 100% soon. And yay for a new car!
    Your card is super cute as always.

    Thanks for always stopping by my blog to leave me some love. I really appreciate it Karon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous card Karon, love that cute owl! and your layout looks great
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you are feeling better and congrats on your new car!! Your card is absolutely beautiful!! I love the sweet image!! The layers are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like this card and love the colours you have chosen. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your new car. How exciting. Hope you and Emily are feeling better. Love your cards. the Owl is awesome. Love how you decorated the insdie as well.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!! Stunning and so Beautiful!! Congrats on your new car!!
    I hope you are all feeling better...
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  24. I sure do like the layered look of that owl.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These cards look so professional, Karon! That owl is charming and the card adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful layered creation, just right for our latest challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
    sue-b DT x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like a fun CD. Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card. The owls are soooo cute.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...