Sunday, 12 April 2015

No Sneak Peek, but new storage and a haul :-)

Helloo!

Today is the day that Shannon returns home from Spain - yay!  Currently winging her way across the Atlantic.  Soon be home and will be so happy to see her and have her back :-)

Grab a coffee, picture heavy post :-)

Yesterday, I came into the craft room to tidy my desks, which I did.

However, instead of sitting down to craft I decided to sort my ink storage out, which I have been meaning to do for ages.

Now, I tend to hoard pieces of cardboard etc, for those well, you never know moments.  You know you all do it too - don't try and deny it!

Well, we got rid of a very old rickety wardrobe last Autumn, you know, one of those ones with the hard cardboard backs.

Well, I saved the back !


The panel was perfect, because it was already scored along those two long lines and that centre section was the perfect fit for the cubby I was putting it.

After measuring and then cutting into the sides to form the box - I put it together.


Had to give it a test fit, here is where it is going. The bottom of those two big shelves.


Quick test to see if it was going to fit - and it couldn't fit any better.  It's not going to stick out like that, you'll see :-)


Then using a criss cross, sort of wine rack, I had plenty of the board left over to make the sections.  I, still may change this part to foam though - we will see.

Adding some tape along the edges to secure them better.


All done and in it's place.  Best I load it up now too :-)



Each ink pad, had its own little sponger, made those a while back with some old wooden stamp blocks that I no longer needed.  I am also going to finish the edge of the box, once I replace or decide to keep the sections I have already made :-)

Here's a little close up.  


I still need to tidy up the edges of the main box, and as I said earlier may redo the sections to foam.

Now this morning whilst I was having a coffee, I was having a surf and found that there was a huge scrapbooking garage sale locally.  I wasn't going to bother, but Andy said, come on lets go for it.

We got there nice and early 8.30am, and it wasn't due to start until 9.30am, but she let us go on in :-)

Oh my goodness you should have seen it, she had over a 1000 stamps, tons of papers, inks, you name it.  I was really good, in that I didn't need any paper, so didn't buy any, well, accept the decoupage booklet below :-)

So I came away with a decent haul.  Several large stamps sets, which I have checked for cost and would probably be in the region $15 (new) if not more.


Some Magnolia stamps and Sarah Kay stamps in there too.


The little tray box, contains 1" squares in all different colours.  A decoupage Christmas booklet and some wooden stamps.  That Dragonfly one is over $20 new.


The chalk stack is acutally 3 layers of different colours.  Some ink dots, Gel Glaze pens.  Container full of little metal letters.  Some Gelatos and a little Cut'n'Emboss Christmas envelope seals.


I reckon around $350 worth of stuff - maybe a little more. I got it all for $117.  Was really pleased with this lot.

Anyways, I need to do a little more sorting out of the craft room and hopefully will be in to play tomorrow.

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.

I'll be off in a few hours to go collect Shannon from the station.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

20 comments:

  1. OMG Im really not in the slightest incy tiniest bit jealous ..... MUCH
    well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Fabulous haul. Enjoy playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly know how to sniff out a bargain...I reckon it will be Christmas before we see you again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a productive weekend. Nice job, Karon! Can't wait to see what you do with all these goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh WOW!!! Looks like you had a FAB day!!!
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul. And look at you, so clever repurposing the back of an old cabinet into ink pad holders! Have a great reunion with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Karon- what a SCORE!!!! You are so lucky can't wait to see all the fun stuff you will be putting them into use...... love your recycle cardboard cubby holes for those ink pad pad you designed.... how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love garage sales........bargain! Great stamp storage too! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a haul you are one lucky lady. Not only are you lucky but very creative. Love you new storage area.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. You are so organized. A sponge for each ink pad. :)
    And what a haul. Love that your man supports your hobby. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your storage! What a clever idea!!!!!
    OMG what a FAB haul!!! Have fun with all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your shelf and very nice haul goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous storage idea! It worked perfectly. You are always getting lucky with the amazing deals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your ink box! What a great way to use that backing and yes, I save bits of cardboard and such. Wow! What a great haul at the garage sale!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bargain haul, Karon and your new ink storage looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so very clever, Karon. I love your crafty storage solution and what a find in excellent craft supplies. I always say I would rather spend my bucks on good supplies than on pricey storage solutions. I'm glad you had such a good day.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ink storage.
    I made one a few years ago out of foam core, and it is still working perfectly and hasn't fallen apart, ;)
    Fun finds

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome home to your daughter and so happy she's home safely and what a terrific idea for your ink organizer!! I love the that you have so many application tools. I buy kitchen sponges and cut them....LOL. Thanks for all the great motivational inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what an amazing haul of goodies!! I hope you have fun playing with them!! And your storage idea is so creative and fabulous!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. Have fun with your goodies. Love your storage. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...