Wednesday, 22 April 2015

What's New Wednesday - a little bit of this and that.

Hello.  Happy Hump Day!

Hope you are all having a wonderful week.

I have a couple of things to show you today.

Firstly, one of Andy's latest little metal models.  He really is enjoying making these, so much so, that we have to order more :-)



Last night, Emily and Shannon (as part of Emily's Feb Birthday present) went to see One Republic in concert.  They had a fabulous time.

Andy and I stayed at the venue, in the restaurant and had a meal.  But as we were going to be there for a little while, we both took something along to keep us occupied - we were there from 6 till 10.30pm and had a lovely evening.

I decided to have a go at something I have been meaning to try for ages.  I came across a wonderful Facebook Group for book folding.  Crafty Hana's Book Folding Patterns Group and they are very generous to share some of their patterns, and their knowledge on book folding. 

I have started off with something really simple, because I wanted to make sure I understood the principles behind it.  This pattern is by Crafty Hana herself :-)

So here is my first book folding art (other than the Christmas trees I did), using a pattern for a small heart.  I haven't decorated it or altered the cover, yet!


I am so pleased with result of this and already addicted.  So expect to see more as I progress - Shannon has already asked if I can do her name :-)



That's my something new for today.

Have a fabulous rest of the week.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished book project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a bit of this and that Karon!! Another fabulous model by Andy and I love the book sculpture. I have masses of old hard backed Reader's Digest books (remember them!?) that Martin's Mum "dumped" on us so they would be perfect for a bit of upcycling!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving Andy's models and your book fold is beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMHECK!!! LOVE the Book Folding! Very Cool Karon!!! Your hubby makes some amazing models!!! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the folded heart looks amazing!! And Andy's model airplane is so awesome!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy's model is gorgeous and your book art is really cool.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Andy. Love all your models. You did a fabulous job on your folded book.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, just amazing! Both the little metal model and your book folding! Wow!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! That is so COOL!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Folding book pages into art always fascinates me. This one came out so nice. Can't wait to see more. Hubby's model is fabulous. He's got quite a collection going. I hope he has a special place to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! This is SUPER cool!! Love that heart! Way to go! The plane is so cool too! I remember making model cars with my grandpa when I was little. SO fun!
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, my gosh! I LOVE the pages folded into a heart - fabulous! Looks like Andy is having fun and what a cool plane. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is so different and interesting. I can't wait to see how you finish or the next project. Go, Karon, go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOO HOO!!!! Your family is oozing with talent. I just love it. I bet I could walk in your door and just be mesmerized with awesome quirky things to talk about for hours. These are just 2 more amazing projects. I love your book too. I tried this a few years ago and nothing ever came out as nice as your heart. I can't wait to see more that you decide to do.
    Ya'll have a good weekend,
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is a lot of fine detail in those metal planes - gorgeous art. Loving your folded heart book, it looks so difficult.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this post is filled with amazing creations. :o) You and Andy have been busy, creating such marvelous projects. I love your adventures into folding and this heart is perfect! Looking forward to seeing what your crafty heart has for us next. :o) Have a wonderful day, Karon! (And thank you very much for the warm welcome back!) :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful and amazing...those planes are awesome and oh so small and your book 'card' with the heart, well clever you.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a crafty family you have Karon :)
    the miniatures that Andy makes are so detailed.
    I love the heart book pages…I love hearts and this art of book folding is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. Awesome projects. Glad everyone had a good time doing what they liked!

    P/s: I so wanna try book folding!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Andy must have heaps of patience ...the model planes are so detailed! Thanks for sharing the FB group for book folding, I really love the heart, can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another stunning model from Andy. Your book looks a lot of fun to do, looking forward to seeing some more from you.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like everyone had fun. LoVe your sweet heart. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cannot wait to see what you do with your book folding, Karon. What patience you have.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This quite an art, Karon!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...