Friday, 8 May 2015

Fabulous Friday - Graduation soon!

Hello everyone.  I hope you have all had a wonderful week.

My apologies for lack of posts lately.  I have been doing a little bit of book folding, and am on book number 5, LOL!  I promise to decorate and post  before I start any more and also do a little bit of normal crafting :-)

Today is the start of a new challenge over at Polkadoodles and our theme for this fortnight is Things with Wings.


I couldn't resist using the new release Twiggy and Toots for my card.  With Emily graduating from Elementary school this year, I thought this would be perfect.


This owly is a pre-coloured image that I have layered up and then I also added my own little scroll in his hands :-)

He is also available as a single digi download Graduation Day.


For the inside I added the same papers and a message panel, with a little stamped owl.


I loved doing the layers and here you can see that little scroll.


I inked all the edges of all the layers with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress ink.


I love the quote and the wonderful ticket sentiments.  Everything is from this wonderful collection.

Also Nikky has started a new themed set of digital images that are available for immediate download on purchase.

Introducing IckyInk Digital images.  This is Oddella in all her glory.  Do you like Zombies and Goth type images? Then these are so cool.  I know someone who would love these ;-)


Aren't they fabulous!  Why not go check out the download store, Nikky is adding so much stuff over there.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Challenge #79: Anything Goes (closes 14 May)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog - Challenge May: Anything Goes (closes 30 May)

Crafty Calender Challenge - Challenge May: Things with Wings (closes 5 Jun)

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Challenge #9: Anything Goes (closes 16 May)

That's it from me today.  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

37 comments:

  1. Oh soooo cute! And he looks so clever too!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very very cute, I love how you always do the inside too. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karon what a beauty of a wise owl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your fun card Karon!
    FAB job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable graduation card! And congrats to your Emily! We miss seeing your regular crafts but I understand your addiction to book folding. Yours are beautiful!! Five??!! Wow!!!

    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dimension on your image. Beautiful card, inside and out.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable!! The owl is so cute!! I love the little one on the inside, too!! Fabulous design my friend!! Congrats to Emily!! She will love this!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card Karon, love your little curl in the paper at the corner to compliment the paper scroll and the little red ribbon is a lovely finishing touch.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is another beauty, Karon.I love the things you do with digis. You really use them best. Love this sweet owl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see your folded books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet Karon!!! I really LOVE seeing the 3D Pre-Colored images.... Fabulous Grad. Card! :) Have a Great Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, fabulous owl and great design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty friends and we hope you will come back and join us again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely Adorable! Congrats to Emily!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, this is precious! I love the layered image... he's such a sweetheart! Your card is so pretty! I love the tickets and the precious owl tucked inside. :o) Beautifully done as always, my friend! Have a blessed weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cutie, I love how he sits on the page. Penny (Polkadoodles DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is wonderful. I bet she will loVe it. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooo cute, love it!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous card Karon, love the image and layout
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those owls are adorable -
    I will most likely be downloading the graduation one
    I love this card
    My daughter is also graduating from elementary school this year.
    we bought her friends bracelets for grad and the owl be be perfect for decoration on the package we plan to make! genius! Thank you for th inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Karon, a very cute image. I have linked my card to Polkadoodles Challenge, not sure what happened.thank you for reminding me. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the whole concept of this creation and that image is fabulous. I just purchased the digital set of the owls and all and can't download them...paid through pay pal sent the invoice to polka doodles for proof of payment so I hope hope hope it is sorted soon...can you help at all...x xxx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous Karon! And I've just shown my hubby your amazing book folding. Even he-of-the-non-craft-kind was impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one fabulous graduation card - love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness! such an adorable card Karon. I hope you are we'll my friend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute owl! :)
    Can't wait to see your completed books of art!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card Karon.....these pre- coloured images would be perfect for me, since I'm not great at colouring! The scroll you added looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Like you Karon I love the pre-coloured images, you've made a grand job with this one.
    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is so sweet.
    Such a precious image and love the added scroll to his hands :)
    I have to say, these new images are right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. what's not to like Karon? Youve done a fabulous job x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous - especially with all the layers on the owl! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies - I couldn't believe it when Lauren was graduating from elementary - it seems like yesterday and now she's 29!! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card, love the distressing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awww your card is adorable Karon. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...