Friday, 3 July 2015

Fabulous Friday - Owl ways love One another :-)

Helloo everyone.  How's it goin' ?

Have you had a fabulous week?

We are on our way back from Canada's  Wonderland theme park.  We took the girls down for a quick break, as Andy had taken a few days off work.  I'm not really one for theme parks, but I take a good book and chill out while they are all screaming their heads off on the roller coasters :-)

Today starts a new challenge over at Polkadoodles.  This fortnights theme is Add some Embossing. Now, that could be heat embossed or dry embossing, or however you want to emboss :-)

I decided to get out the Twiggy & Toots collection again, I just love these owls.


For my embossing element, I took the striped paper and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I inked up a Darice Woodgrain embossing folder, using my brayer and then put that through, therefore accentuating the embossing.


I layered up the pre-coloured owlies off one of the Design sheets, which is also available as a single digi download sheet.

For the inside, using the same papers and a second embossed sheet, and a little stamped owl to finish off the message panel.


Love the depth you can get by layering up these images.  All the layers have inked edges and used CTMH Sorbet to do all the inking.


Every element is from this wonderful collection.  I love those ticket sentiments.


Now it's your turn to get creative and head over to the challenge blog.  Remember, you don't have to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges.  You can enter HERE.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafting by Designs - Month Long, Anything Goes in July (closes 28 July)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog - July Challenge: Use a Stamp or digi anywhere (closes 31 July)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #114: Anything Goes (closes 31 July)

Sisters of Craft - July Anything Goes Challenge (closes 31 July)

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #234: Anything Goes (closes 7 July)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

26 comments:

  1. Great idea to use stripes and ink the embossing folder. It creates interesting texture and style. Great card (as usual).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love the images and how you layer everything. Sounds like a fun few days even if you were just chilling and reading while the rest were screaming. I like some rides but no longer do roller coasters and such. I'm a more sit, relax and look ride person like some of the ones at Disney World. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those owls are adorable and your design is amazing. I love how you popped up all of those layers.

    I remember taking my kids to Canada's Wonderland. I took my first roller coaster ride. At the end, my son, in amazement, asked me, "Mommy, was that you screaming?"
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an Adorable card! I love the color combo and precious little owls.
    Such a fun design and as well as the details!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable!! The owls are so sweet!! I love the colors and design!! The inside is fabulous, too!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card and the decoupaged Owls are adorable.
    Enjoy your weekend, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love these images. Those owls are so sweet. You really make the most of the beautiful CDs. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally adorable card Karon, I love the owls
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super card Karon Love those images and your coloring is absolutely amazing.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOOOVE the Layering Karon!! This is so fabulous! I really should get this set! Have a crafty Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karon super sweet and beautiful card
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - love the colours and design, Karon. Enjoy the weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
    I hope you had a wonderful trip.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card. Love those sweet owls and the design is fabulous.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats my favourite image from the collection Karon and what I fine job you've made x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your 3D cards and how you make your characters jump off of the cards.
    Great use of your embossing folder as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge , great card
    Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super card and your embossing is perfect for these owls.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww.....super cute!
    Glad you got to catch up with a good book....I would be hanging out with your girls on those roller-coaster rides!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello
    Want to drop a note to thank you for your sweet comments. They mean a lot to me that you have taken the time to stop by. I have not been on the computer much. As I am caregiving for a dear friend who had Stage 4 Lung Cancer. Every day her fragile body is deteriorating. I have not ever seen someone dying right in front of me. All I can do is just keep her comfortable, encourage her and trust the Lord to be her comfort and joy. So please do not be dismayed, when I am unable to stop by your blogs and leave some love.
    Your project/card is amazing and look forward to stopping by when I can. Have a wonderful day and even better week.
    In His Joy
    Berni

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...