Thursday, 23 July 2015

Hello Thursday - Springy Christmas :-)

It's Thursday and I hope that your week is going well.

This is the last of my samples (for now) to share with you, although I will be back tomorrow with my make for the challenge at Polkadoodles for our inspiration post, I might even give you a sneaky look at the end of this post :-)

So, once again using the wonderful new release, available for pre-order now! Twiggy & Toots Festive Fun.


I have used another delightful pre-coloured image and what now seems to be my go to technique of layering up the images.  I love doing this, as it adds so much depth to the card.


My card is a spring fold card and I did a tutorial for this, many moons ago, and you can find it HERE.

I really love this card shape - you could even use it to make some fabulous table decorations - hmmm now that's an idea !


I couldn't resist adding two of the lovely poinsettias on either side of the spring fold.


Love all the depth to the layers and I have inked all the edges.  The red layer has been cut using Spellbinders Large scalloped square.


Aren't they super cute!  And I love the vibrancy of the colours - Nikky's colouring is amazing!


And OK, OK, here is the little sneak peek.


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Challenge #237: Christmas in July (closes 28 July)

Crafting for all Seasons - Challenge #106: Christmas in July (closes 4 Aug)

(PIN)spirational Challenges - Challenge #145: Christmas in July (closes 3 Aug)

Tuesday Throwdown - Challenge #254: Christmas in July (closes 27 July)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Happy crafting. 

27 comments:

  1. OMWORD!!! LOVE, LOVE this Karon!!! Your Springy card looks awesome... So much detail... those are adorable owls... LOVE it!!!! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these jump up cards Karon and those two owls are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Fabulous creation and gorgeous colours...
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. These images are just gorgeous! I love Nikki's coloring, too. I especially love what you do with them. All the layering, inking and special card designs make them even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the spring fold!! The owls are so sweet!! I love how you add dimension to them!! The poinsettias are beautiful, too!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your sneak peeks!! LOL....I can't even get through this post and comment before I'm already intrigued by what's coming next!! ;) I love that your card goes..."Boi-oi-oi-ng!! That's awesome and as stated earlier, the colors on these images are intense and wonderful.
    Nice work chica.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Karon this is an amazing diamond pop up design. Just adore the layering on the super cute images.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that spring fold technique and your card is so cute with those adorable owls! Thanks for the sneak peek....love the flower and I'm guessing the eye belongs to another owl but there's dimension......

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...a work of ART! Great job, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous spring card Karen, the image is adorable and lovely embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us for our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope you join us again. Jennifer DTmember x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this and so glad to see that card fold - it's one of my favourites and yet you don't see it often. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what adorable little Christmas owls, Karon! Love all the dimension you achieved with the layering. Thank you so much for honoring us with your entry into our "Christmas in July" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck and come play again soon, won't you?
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous spring fold. The images are absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Hugs, Debi TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, what a fabulous design...a work of art I think! How adorable are those images. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those owls are just so adorable. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
    Hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Karon - this is a beautiful Christmas creation. Lovely design and colours - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! I really love how you layer up your images for extra dimension and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So super cute. You must share sometime what you use as an envelope solutions for a card like this. Since I did the spring fold for an invitation, I found the size awkward to place in an envelope. What do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty, lovely bright colours. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting for all Seasons. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, this is a stunning Spring Fold Card. Love the owls they are adorable. I need to give your tutorial a try.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards are always so BEAUTIFUL!!! I absolutely adore the owls!!!
    They are just Precious!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  23. such a funny card, thanks for joining PINspirational challenge this week, good luck and hope to see you again! :)

    Kasia, PINspirational DT
    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...