Tuesday, 21 July 2015

'Tis Tuesday - Still Christmas :-)

Helllooo!  Hope you have a had a great start to the week.

I am loving this time off from school runs, however, I can't believe how quick this month is going by.

Once again, I am showing you another card from the wonderful Studio 12 Picknix 3 - Nordic Winter.


I had to have a go at this wonderful Concertina card.  But the pattern that I found HERE (thanks Christina) was a little on the big side, so adjusted the measurements and I have given them below for your use.

You will need a piece of card (patterned or plain depending on how you want to decorate it) that measures 10" by 6.5" and a panel piece that measures 5" by 5".

First score the 5" square piece at the centre point, 2.5", make a valley fold and put to one side.


Next take your 10" by 6.5" piece and score down from the long edge at 2.5", 5" and 7.5".(apologies for quality of photo on this one)


These will be a valley fold, a mountain fold and a valley fold.

Next you have to remove a panel from the centre as follows.

Between the 2.5 and the 7.5" score marks and 1.5" down from the top and up from the bottom, removing a 5" by 3.5" panel - you do not need this piece.



In the centre two sections you need to cut a slit - 0.75" long from the inside edge towards the top and the bottom, at the middle point of each of those sections.  Like this.


Here it is with a coloured panel so that you can see the slits.


Then the 5" by 5" panel from earlier will fit in the centre section - like so.


Here it is standing.



I hope that makes sense :-) it folds flat and is 2.5" by 6.5" when flat.

And here is my card using the new collection.


The chalkboard sentiment was actually changed in colour using Word - as I wanted it green and not black for this card.  


I just love this card and can see me making a few more using this style!


I really do love these papers and fabulous digital elements.  I'll be back soon with another new collection to show you.  Would you like another sneak peek?  Ok then :-)


Eek - do you see the owly!   :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Karon. Love those wonderful papers and images. This is a fabulous card design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan-folding-tastic!!!!!!! You're a genius crafting robot. Keep 'em coming...I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is so amazing!! I love the fold!! So creative!! Thank you so much for the tutorial!! The papers and images are so fabulous!! You decorated this perfectly!! Love, love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Karon, this is stunning! I love it!

    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Karon, this is fabulous but please STOP showing me stuff!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing & Adorable!! I absolutely love this!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY HECK!!! Karon!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I soooo LOVE the design & papers!!! Thanks for the Tutorial on how to make it too!!! LOOOOVE it! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive fold and gorgeous design. Sorry I have not been around. Bad back. Can't sit at my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and brilliant tutorial - thank you! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That card pattern is simply fabulous! Great way to spice up a "flat" card for mailing. This is so charming. Can't wait to swing over to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super clear tutorial, beautiful design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! That's just amazing, Karon. :)
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card design! Thanks for sharing your adjusted measurements for a smaller card! Your finished one if awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the wonderful tutorial. What a fun card style. I loVe how you decorated it. The green sentiment was a great touch. LoVe how you decorated it up.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...