Friday, 21 August 2015

Christmas once again!

Hello everyone.

I hope you are enjoying the launch party this week of the new and fabulous collection from Polkadoodles!

Frosted Winter was an immediate hit with the Design Team - it really is a stunning collection.  You can see my posts HERE and HERE if you want to take a peak.

Today, however, is the second week of our "Use Something New to You" challenge over at Polkadoodles, lots of fabulous inspiration from the team for you to drool at :-)

My card was made by using up some left over printing from my sample makes in July.  I love that I already had all of the elements needed to make this card.

I have used the wonderful Studio 12 Picknix 3 - Nordic Winter Collection.


I love this robin and have used the pre-coloured image, and cut it out using my Silhouette Cameo.  I popped up the robin and top sentiment on this one - I think it will also be safe to post as it's not too thick.


For the inside I used the same papers as the front.  Inking all the edges of all the layers to help them pop.


I distressed the edges of the front, bottom layer and the red starry layer.  Curling over the two corners to add a little interest.


I think I need to redo my photo box, I think it's a little too big and therefore I'm getting lots of shadowing which I didn't get with my smaller one.  Something else to add to the to do list :-)

Your turn to make something and once again, the theme is Use Something New to You.  You have until Friday, 28 Aug to enter and it of course doesn't have to be Christmas!

I am entering this card in the following challenges

Crafting By Designs - Get Ready for Christams August Edition (entry #2)(closes 25 Aug)

Inky Impressions Challenges - Challenge #272: Christmas in August (entry #2)(closes 25 Aug)

Anyways, hope you are all well.

Thanks for stopping  by today.

Happy Crafting



25 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,what a fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic use of those printed bits we just have to keep. In awe how you always decorate the inside of your cards and wish I was as diligent. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karon this is delightful! I love all the layers!
    hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pre-printed Robin is so nice Karon......love how you can cut it out with your Cameo! I still have a cricut expression, so its lots of fussy cutting for me. Very pretty card. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, oh, my, this is gorgeous. But all your cards are enviable. TFS, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Karon - love the layers and lovely colours - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Karon!!!!
    AWESOME job!!!!
    Happy Friday my friend! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The robin looks so cute on your card
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab layers going on Karon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow love this and I keep swinging from the 2 christmas ones love this card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I love your little robin.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, Karon!! I love the pretty robin and the layers!! The inside is fabulous, too!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous. Love the papers, the beautiful bird and how you decorated the inside.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous!! A stunning job my friend!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how PRETTY Karon! What a Beautiful Christmas card! LOVE that image! Fab as always! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  16. That little bird in a branch is so eye catching. Pretty little card and definitely getting the Christmas spirit warmed up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My, my, my...what a lovely card! That bird is just gorgeous and looks amazing with all the warm layers of your card. Beautiful papers and such a pretty layout -this one has it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favourite bird, we have a Robin that frequents our garden called Ronald. Gorgeous card that suits your image beautifully.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! That robin makes a wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a real beauty, love everything about it.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Christmas card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...