Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Something New and a Tutorial :-)

Hi everyone.  Thanks for all the lovely comments on my recent posts.  Back at it now, albeit with specs in tow for another few years at least :-)  My nose is only just long enough at the moment for me to put my specs there for me to see little details, I need a nose like Pinnochio LOL!

Anyways, I have been busy in the craft room this last few days,  I have lots too share with you over the next week including several tutorials so  I hope you keep stopping by :-)

As with any tutorial inclusive post, this is quite picture heavy, so grab a coffee if you like and take a pew :-)

Nikky of Polkadoodles has been at it again - and we have a fabulous new release.  It is available as a CD or immediate download collection, as well as individual download digi images.



Here is my make for today, but you will have to scroll down to see the inside of the card, after the tutorial LOL!


Oh, OK I'll show you the inside :-)


Now let's get on with that Tutorial.  This is called a Rectangle Double Display Card - the original card is called a Large Square Double Display card and the fabulous inspiration and original tutorial can be found at The Craft Spa.  Thanks Amanda.

However, you should all know me by now and as much as I liked the size of Amanda's, she uses a 6" by 12" piece of card stock and I prefer to be able to use my 8.5" by 11" card stock, as this is what I have the most of.  So I have made adjustments to the measurements so you can use the smaller card stock.

You start off with a piece of card stock that is 6" by 10.5".  So, 1" in from both sides on the long edges you are going to cut two slits (four in total).  The first from 7/8" to 4 3/8" and then 6 1/8" to 9 5/8".  Do the top first, then flip and do the same.


Here's a picture showing the slits cut - hope that makes sense :-)


Next you are going to make several score marks.  The first four score marks go from top to bottom (be careful of where you have cut the slits), these are scored at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 7" and 8 3/4".


Then you must score to the cut lines at 7/8", 4 3/8", 6 1/8" and 9 5/8" , flip and do the same along the other edge :-)


I must apologise for some of the blurry photo's, I think someone has messed with my camera settings.

Next step is making your folds along the score lines.  The inner (long) score lines, you do Mountain fold, valley fold, valley fold, mountain fold.  For the outer (short) score lines (same on both edges) you will need, Mountain, valley, mountain, valley, then valley, mountain, valley, mountain.  It should look something like this :-)


Next, up are the front panels.  You will need two pieces of card stock that measure 6" by 2.5".  You will attach each panel to either side of the base card, where I have indicated.  Like so. 


And this finishes the main card and now all you have to do is have fun decorating. The finished card is 5" by 6" when closed.


Now here are the rest of my photo's of my completed card.  I love this new collection.  You should see the amazing papers, background, digital images - stunning!


I have used one of the pre-coloured images from a design sheet and she has been layered up to add dimension.


I did add some Wink of Stella to this card, but it hasn't picked it up very well on my photo.


I love the dimension of this card and how you can display so much or as little as you want.  This collection is full of wonderful embellishments to choose from too.


And one last look at the card in all it's any excuse to show another picture splendour :-)  


Are you still with me!  Now, we are having a attack of creativeness release party over on Facebook, in the following groups and there will be lots of fabulous creations be shared today and over the next week.  
The group links are below.




Then a couple of other fabulous Facebook groups, which are



Don't forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter at the Polkadoodles shop too - special offers, new releases etc, you will be kept up to date :-)

So make sure you follow at least one of the groups so you can see everyone's amazing work, we will be posting throughout the day today and over the next week.

And that's it for me today.  I will be back tomorrow :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Inky Impressions  Challenges - Challenge #272: Christmas in August (closes 25 Aug)

Creative Moments - Challenge #75: Anything Goes - optional Fancy Folds (closes 31 Aug) 

Crafting by Designs - Get Ready for Christmas August Edition (closes 25 Aug)

Craft your Passion Challenges - Challenge #275: Always Anything Goes (closes 23 Aug)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - this is stunning! I've never seen a card like this before. I love your beautiful details too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! The background is just Gorgeous!!Love the fun dimension detail.
    Such a beautiful card. I absolutely love it.
    I hope that you are feeling better.
    Have a blessed day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card fold is spectacular! Your finished card lovely too! I especially like her scarf. With temps today above 110 degrees F, I'm jealous of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and fabulous tutorial. Thanks for sharing. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful fancy fold Pop Up Card
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card and great tutorial.
    Hugs
    Linda xxz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning, Karon!! I love the new images!! They're so sweet!! The design of the card is so fabulous!! Awesome tutorial, too!! Love, love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Karon this is sure one stunning card. Love the colors and the images are adorable. Thanks for such a great tutorial.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tutorial. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karon. Thanks for the tutorial
    Hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. That is so cool. Thanks for the tutorial.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! this is beautiful Karon and thank you for the detailed tutorial:) I hope you are well.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that collection and your card! Beautiful! And fabulous tutorial. I've bookmarked it! Thanks so much of creating the tutorial and sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually think I'll be scraplifting this card! It's amazing, and so are you. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! Gorgeous! I don't think you make anything that isn't beautiful, amazing, or gorgeous do ya! :) LOVE the details and beautiful image! great tutorial too! Have a wonderful day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow this is so precious. Lovely colours and a great card shape.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Good luck and I hope we see you again.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card! Thanks for join creative moments fsncy folds challenge, good luck and hope to see you next time! Hugs beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful tutorial and creative card. Thanks for sharin with us at Creative Moments

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...