Monday, 24 August 2015

Three Step Card and a Tutorial

Hello everyone - how are you all?  Did you have a good weekend?

I am here today to show you another of my creations from the Polkadoodles Frosted Winter - Octavia collection.


Once again, I have tried something new to me.  This is called a Three Step Card and I found the fabulous tutorial here at Tara's Craft Studio.  Thank you Tara.

However :-)  You all know me by now - I have made a tutorial as I have used my trusty card stock of 8.5" by 11" card stock and Tara uses 12".

So firstly here is my card :-)  This is just the front and I have used a pre-coloured image and it has been layered :-)


I just love this new collection.  The papers are gorgeous, digitals are amazing and I love all the different embellishments.  Here is a look at the card open and I will then get on with the tutorial :-)


So I will show you some more photo's later :-)  Grab a coffee and sit awhile :-)

First up you will need a piece of card stock that measures 6" by 11"

Now here comes the fun part.  You will need to score at the 2" mark and down 2", at 4" and down 4".

Next score at the 6" point from 2" down, and the 8" point from 4" down.  I hope this makes sense, but if you click on the picture it will make it larger and you will see what I mean.

Finally score at the 10" and 10 1/8", top to bottom :-)


Now you will need to cut slits (the red lines in the photo above) from the bottom of the 2" score line to the top of the 6" score line.  Then from the bottom of the 4" score line to the top of the 8" score line.  Each of those score lines are then folded as below. So top. middle and bottom two score lines are all mountain then valley folds.  Finally the end long score lines are both valley folds.


Your's should now look like this from the top view :-)


Next up you will need a piece of card stock that measures 6" by 4 3/4"  this will become the front panel of your card.  You actually attach the right hand side of this piece of card stock to the flap as indicated below.



This is your card complete and ready for decoration.


The finished card closed will measure 6" by  6".


And this is what it looks like open :-) I hope the tutorial made sense - let me know if it's OK!


So now to show off you my card with a few more photo's :-)


I have distressed and inked all the edges and added a little glitter to those fabulous trees and tag.


I have layered up the wonderful pre-coloured image. This came from one of the design sheets off the collection.


I used two different backing papers, that complimented the design.  I love the rich purple - its gorgeous!


For the inside I used one of the frames, filled it with a backing paper and then added a wonderful sentiment (from the collection).  I have left a panel to leave a message too, with a cream poinsettia.



The little side panels have some little button ephemera, that have Peace, Joy, Noel on them.


I loved adding glitter to this one and added tiny bits here and there on the lovely snowflakes in the paper. 


I am entering this card in the following challenges

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Challenge #54: Folded Card (closes 1 Sept)

Christmas Card Challenges - Week #38: Anything Goes (closes 28 Aug)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #74: Anything Goes (closes 30 Aug)

Craft Your Passion Challenges - Challenge #276: Always Anything Goes (closes 30 Aug)

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #241: Anything Goes (entry #2)(closes 25 Aug)

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges - Challenge #98: Use a Sentiment (closes 3 Sept)

Thank so much for stopping by today.  Really appreciate each and everyone of you that takes the time to visit.

Happy crafting!

29 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card....so many stunning details. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Karon and thank you for the step by Step.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning card. Love the design, papers and images. Thanks for the tut.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. I love that cool fold.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Karon, love that fold
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this is fabulous Karon and (thanks to you) I have some pennies to spend so think I REALLY need to get Octavia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the beautiful images!! The fold is amazing!! Awesome tutorial, too!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, what a beautiful card! Love your tutorial as well. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge this week. Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this beautiful card! I love this style of card and I'm thrilled that you shared a tutorial for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab-u-lous!!! This is just beautiful. Love the color palette and this style card. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and tutorial. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and great tutorial.
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty step card. Love this technique. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this design. I have not yet made one but will.
    It is Beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Have a blessed day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, this is absolutely gorgeous! The new goodies are so beautiful, made even lovelier by this incredible design. I too love this style but have never made one. This is so wonderfully done. :o) Thank you for the tutorial! Also, I am returning to Blogger tonight to attempt normalcy and must ask forgiveness... I am so behind everywhere that I can only comment on everyone's most recent post. :( I wish I didn't need to, but it's the only way to get back on track, as I don't have much time. I have enjoyed your posts that I missed... so please know that I do see your beautiful work. <3 Sending lots of hugs your way!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Karon, love the card and the tutorial. I have several of these from the silhouette store so no measuring for me which is what I like...love the image it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very neat fold on the card and, as always, easy to follow tutorial. I really like that swirly scarfed girl! She's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How are you? You're making such complicated cards! It's been months, but one thing never changes and that's that you never fail to inspire! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMWORD!!! This is simply GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the image, and the beautiful winter scene.. LOVE it!! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing the tutorial of your pretty card Karon. The papers are gorgeous and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cool. Love how you made this. Thanks for sharing a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous card, Karon! Thanks for the tut.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card!!!! Thanks!!!!
    Cristina - DT for Craft your Passion

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card and a lovely tutorial. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart. I must give this style a go. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great card design. Thanks for the tutorial. I loVe how you decorated yours up. Very CuTe. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a stunning card.
    Love the colours and those pretty images.
    I don't think I have made one of these cards before, and I love interactive cards..I will have to give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...