Wednesday, 26 August 2015

What's new Wednesday - a Big Kick in the ...

Craft room :-)  LOL!

I hope you are all having a great week.

We are off to New Jersey for a few days this weekend, so friends will be cat sitting for us :-)  I am hoping to get a chance to go to some of the craft shops, as even with the terrible exchange rate I'm sure to get a bargain - that's what I'm telling hubster anyways LOL!

So, I actually do have something new - I treated myself to a Big Kick/Big Shot die cutting machine. Even managed to sell my old Cuttlebug - so more crafty monies available!  I really have to start using my dies more and today I did :-)

I decided to use a lovely paper stack by My Minds Eye, called The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine. I also got out my Heartfelt Creations Delicate Aster dies, and the Spellbinders Classic Large Scalloped Circle dies to make up a card.

I really enjoyed making these flowers and should do it more often :-)


I cut three different size circles and layered them up.  Popping the last one, with the sentiment, up on some foam to add a little depth.


For the inside, as always, using the same papers as the front and there's plenty of room to leave a hand written message.


I inked all the edges of all the layers, the edges of the petals and leaves, with CTMH Sorbet.

Here's a close up of those flowers :-)


Yesterday's venture into the craft room ended up in the bin.  Do you get days like that?


Not long now till the girls go back to school - just under 2 weeks.  Off to Staples to get all their bit's and pieces that they will need for the new school year.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. Your flowers look amazing Karon cut out of the My Minds eye papers. Have a lovely time in New Jersey.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have Fun in Jersey!!! Hope you can find some great crafting deals while you're there! :) Your card is so pretty! LOVE that paper and those flowers are so pretty! Have a SAFE Trip! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well happy craft shopping, I hope you find tons of crafty deals! love your pretty card....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Karon!! I love the pretty flowers!! The papers are fabulous!! I hope you have a wonderful trip and find lots of crafty goodies!! Safe travels my friend!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card :)
    I love your flower
    I too need to use my dies more often

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your purchase! We'll wish you a happy trip to Jersey ame look forward to hearing what you found!

    Your card is lovely. If used up all my MME Tangerine papers. They are so wonderful. Those asters are stunning and the play with pattern is pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are beautiful - love your pretty card! I kind of miss the back to school shopping - it's been a long while. Have fun shopping in New Jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful. I loVe the pretty papers you used. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a fun wonderful trip.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Karon! Hope you have a great vacation and bring some great memories back from New Jersey.
    Hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! I need to use more of my dies too! Have fun shopping and family time in New Jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful!! I love the pretty flowers.
    Have a blessed day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new member of your family..LOL...your card is GORGEOUS. Those petals on the flowers look sensational. Enjoy vacation!! :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. I love those layered flowers. congrats on getting a Big Shot. I love mine and I have had it for years.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, this is gorgeous! The flowers are spectacular... how beautiful of an idea to use that pattered paper! They are lovely. The scalloped circle design is so pretty and I adore the wooden background. Exquisite creation, my friend! And a big congrats on the Big Shot! That is what I use, too. :o) Have a beautiful day!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card. Love the papers. Your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card. Love the cuts, papers and especially the flowers. Congrats on your new toy. I have all these dies and I never use them. I need to to start. Hope you and the family have a nice vacation.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. These flowers are lovely, Karon! Well done. I'm late with visits...just catching up now.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...