Friday, 18 September 2015

Fabulous Friday - Not too Shabby :-)

Hi there everyone.  Long time no see, eh!

I have been busy in the background though - and I trust that you are all keeping well.

It is Inspiration week over at Polkadoodles for our fortnightly challenge and we are into week 2.  Our theme is Shabby Chic.  You have until Friday, 25 Sept (Noon GMT) to enter.

Here's the collection that I used for my creation/inspiration this week.



I did a new to me make, and this has been on my list of to do's for absolutely ages!

I used this fabulous tutorial for a Book Box Card from Beccy over at Beccy's Place. I did use different measurements though (surprise surprise).  The make up of the box is the same - I didn't cut a frame in the top layer, preferring to keep it complete. I will give you the main measurements (I used for the base card later in this post). My finished card measures 6.5" by 5" and 0.5" thick (Beccy's card is 8" by 5" by 0.5" thick).

So, lets get on with it then :-)


I have used the pre-coloured image of Miss Constance and layered her up to add depth.  She is also available to purchase as a clear stamp.


I have used a Spellbinders Stitched Oval for under the image, and for the inside message panels.  The edging on the inside is using a Spellbinders Borderabilities Poinsettia and Stars, Petite Die. 


I just had to layer up some of those roses too.  Of course, Shabby Chic just cries out for that little bit of lace from my stash :-)


I distressed all the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.


I really have fallen in love with this card design and will be using it a lot more!


The little sentiment envelope is also from this fabulous collection, I layered up two together, to make it look like an opened envelope.

Oh yes, whilst I remember here are the measurements for the base card that I used.

You will need a piece of card stock that is 6.5" by 10.5", score at 5" and 5.5" on the long edge, this will be your outer card base.

You will need 2 pieces that measure 7.5" by 6 2/8" and then another 2 that measure 7.5" by 4 6/8", these pieces are for the concertina (book folds).

Score all those 4 pieces at 0.75", 1.5", 2.25", 3", 3.75", 4.5", 5.25", 6" and 6.75" (along the longest edge).  Fold them starting with Mountain fold, valley fold and so on. (hope that makes sense)  Beccy has fabulous pictures on how to concertina the folds together in the link at the top of my post.


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Deep Ocean Challenge - Challenge #112: Shabby Chic (closes 21 Sep)

Where the HeART is... - Challenge #1: Add some Text (closes 4 Oct)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge # 116: Anything Goes (Option girly girl) (closes 30 Sept)

Simon Says Wednesday Challenges - Challenge Die Crazy (closes 23 Sept)

Crafting for All Seasons - Challenge #110: Layer it Up (closes 29 Sept)

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges - Challenge #100: Celebration (closes 1 Oct)

Crafting from the Heart - Challenge #77: Anything Goes (closes 20 Sept)

Craft your Passion Challenges - Challenge #279: Always Anything Goes (closes 20 Sept)

Sisters of Craft - September Anything Goes Challenge (closes 30 Sept)

Well, that's it from me today.  More to share soon ;-)  

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

41 comments:

  1. This is spectacular Karon!! Love everything about this gorgeous box card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and inspiring, love this creation and colours. Have a great weekend...

     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning book card. Love the soft colors and all the attention to detaisl show. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Karon! I love the box card design and will be checking out the tutorial you mentioned. Thank you so much!
    julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your precious box card, they are fun to make! The papers are gorgeous and so is the image... Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, love the layering and colours you've used. Box cards are one my favourites too. Have a fab weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A card book! Be still my heart!!! This shabby chic birthday card is one stunning piece of work Karon! So much detail stands out with your distressing and the layering just makes it so incredibly detailed. I absolutely wouldn't ever put it down if I could touch it. Gorgeous!!!
    Big hugs to you and happy weekend!!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is stunning, Karon!! I love the design and the pretty papers!! The image is so sweet!! What a gorgeous project this is!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Karon, you simply have to make more. This card is devine. Miss Constance is adorable and those roses! So glad to see you back at it. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Karon, you simply have to make more. This card is devine. Miss Constance is adorable and those roses! So glad to see you back at it. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Karon, you make the most beautiful designed cards and I love this one. So cute and thanks for the score lines may try this one out.
    Have a super weekend, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! Karon, this is Amazing!! Such a darling creation.
    Love, love, love!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation, Karon! I adore book box cards and yours is so lovely! Gorgeous papers, dimension, and embellishing. Marvelous project. And thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Deep Ocean Challenge! Have a wonderful weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply gorgeous. Love the colors Polkadoodles uses. You always use their digis beautifully. Your book card is so elegant and wonderfully made. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely box card, thanks for sharing with Crafting for All Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous project Karon.I just love it and such a perfect "Girly"card.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Digistamps4Joy this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww this is just adorable Karon, love the layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just adorable!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW WOW WOW Karon!!! This is so AWESOME!!!
    You do such amazing work not only with this company's products but with all your crafting!
    AWESOME job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful. I love the design and all of the layers on your card. Thank you for joining our challenge at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! That looks amazing Karon!! So beautiful with all the layers and details! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so pretty
    Thank you for joining us at Craft your passion!!
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.
    Fiki DT member

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOOOOOOOOW, ein Traum
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is fabulous and just beautiful! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Karon! So sweet and pretty, I love all your layering.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful project. I love things that are just that little bit different and special.
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at Where The HeART is.
    Stacey, DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my! This is soooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, A stunning card !! Thank you for joining us at Where The HeART Is. Good luck. Hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    Abbie ( Owner)

    Where The HeART Is
    Our Crafty Corner
    The Crafty Addicts

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous collection for shabby chic. Once again a lovely project x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a beautiful card, Karon! I love the design and colors! It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This book card is so pretty. I love the sweet image and the lovely soft colours

    ReplyDelete
  32. Shabby, Chic and oh so lovely!
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful creation!! Very pretty!! Love those tiny flowers.. The inside is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Where The HeART Is. Hope to see you again.
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie
    Where The HeART Is DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Karon, this is stunning! You have absolutely nailed shabby chic! Thanks for joining our ATG/optional Girlie Girl Challenge at DigiStamps4Joy. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  35. very cute! Love the layers and sweet colours.
    Thanks for joining the Sisters of Craft Challenge. Hope to see you next time as well.

    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness your card is adorable!!!!!
    You really know how to showcase these images and make them pop

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is SO BEAUTIFUL Karon!! I love it!! Love your layering of that image.. Gorgeous!!! I never comment enough for you :) You are so talented!! I always enjoy seeing your work!! Absolutely Gorgeous!! Inside and Out :) I always think of you when I'm decorating the inside of my cards! :)

    - Susan
    {Sentimental Susan}
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...