Friday, 25 September 2015

Fabulous Friday - Shaping Up

Helllo my friends.  Itttt's FRIDAY!  Yay :-)

How is everyone? Have you all had a great week?  My weeks seem to be just flying by and I don't know where the time is going!

Anyways, we have a new challenge starting over at Polkadoodles and our theme for this fortnight is your Favourite Card Shape - basically if it's your fave shape you can enter the challenge :-)

Now I wasn't really thinking of favourite shape but my favourite fold - so I ended up make a Z Fold card.  It's still a shape right?!  And it's rectangle which is a shape too LOL!


I used the fabulous Winston Deluxe Papercrafting Collection for my card.  All the papers and images are from this fabulous collection.


This is Etty in her new dress and she is also available as a single digi download for you to colour yourself.  I used the pre-coloured image off one of the design sheets, in this fabulous collection.

I absolutely couldn't resist adding this fabulous Floral Spray Charm from Emerald Creek - to my finished card.  All I did was snip off the little link and secured it to my card with my glue gun.


I inked all the edges of all the layers on my card with CTMH Sorbet.  I even used a Fiskars Decorative Corner rounder on all the backing paper base layers.


I also used the Spellbinders Labels 10 dies for my layer under Etty, and the inside layers of the message panel.


Isn't she adorable.  Etty is layered up a little, to add some extra depth to the card.


Now it is over to you.  Any card shape will fit the theme :-)  So pop along to Polkadoodles and enter the challenge.  You have until Noon GMT, Friday, 9th October to enter.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Inky Impressions Challenges - Challenge #274: Dots & Stripes (closes 7 Oct)

Simply Papercraft - Challenge #14: Anything Goes (closes 9 Oct)

Creative Fingers Challenges - Challenge #94: Anything Goes (closes 2 Oct)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.



28 comments:

  1. So pretty, Karon. Love the colors on this CD. She is the cutest bear in her new dress. Adding all the layers makes your work so special. The metal bits you add are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest fold! Although your last post on metal was a pretty groovy fold too. I think it would be hard to pick just one favorite. I do however, REALLY love the many layers and turns of this one. It's a thing of beauty what you created. :)
    Happy weekend, Karon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is your favorite shape, because you make such pretty things with it. Pretty card, she's lovely in her new dress! Got the mojo really humming! Keep it up, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love all the layering, the papers and that adorable little bear.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and delightful display....love the colours.
    Enjoy your weekend.x
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is gorgeous Karon!!!!!!
    Love the patterns and great colors!
    Super job!!!
    TFS and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great fold and fabulous design, Karon.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to dig out my winston collection. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous card, lovely image, great work!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, thanks for sharing with Simply Papercraft!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure z is a shape... Love this card and the images you used. Penny (Polkadoodles DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love & appreciate everything you make.
    This is just darling!!
    Have a blessed day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all of your cards made with these images.
    You add so much detail into each one…all are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Karon. Love the colours and design.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love all the details and cute little bear girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow....love all the gorgeous detail Karon. Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet card and great colors n details! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of detail and so very pretty.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card karon and love the play on the shape theme lol. Great attention to detail (as always) with loads of yummy layers. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh WOW!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I just LOVE those pretty colors and what an adorable little image.. Those flowers really make everything POP off the card!! LOVE all the details Karon! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww....she's such a sweetie! Beautifully put together Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello my friend!! I'm back and trying to catch up on all of your gorgeous projects I've missed (I apologize in advance for inundating your inbox with emails as I check them out!!) Thank you so much for stopping by to visit while I was gone :)

    What a gorgeous card this is!! The papers are so beautiful and I love the sweet image!! The dimension you've added is so fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...