Thursday, 24 September 2015

Hello Thursday - A bit of Metal

Hello Thursday indeed - where are the weeks going?!

My second 80's themed card for Emerald Creek - and we DARE you to come and take part on our very First Challenge - with the theme as The 80's.

Emerald Creek Dares


For my next little bit of Emerald Creek Inspiration I used the fabulous Aztec Skull Charm.  This is a new release item and I have to say that the quality of these charms is amazing, they really have an amazing weight to them.


I couldn't resist altering the charm  a little.  The picture above is how the charm looks when you receive it.

I first got out my Clear embossing ink and squished it over the charm.  Then played with the Metallic Pan Pastels until I was happy with the colour and coverage.

I added a little bit of embroidery thread, that I first braided, to the charm to add to my card.


Once happy, I sealed the charm with some Prismacolor Matte Fixative spray.


Another of my favourite folds - is this Spring Fold card, I love how it becomes a display stand and card :-)


The yellow chevron paper is from a Basic Grey 6" by 6" Soleil stack, using the Spellbinders Stitched Oval, and the star paper is from a DCWV Rock Star stack.

All the edges of all the layers were inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Vintage Photo.

The music notes and Metal and guitar are all cut files (using my Silhouette Cameo) from the Polkadoodles Work & Play 8 - Feel the Music collection.  Cut from black card stock and then used the Pan Pastels again!


And there you have - a little bit of Metal :-)

Now if you would like to win a $25 gift certificate for the Emerald Creek store, why not pop over to the Emerald Creek Dares blog to see what we have all been up to.


If you are in the Calgary area, why not pop along to the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival, that is on this Friday and Saturday, 25th and 26th September.  Click on the image below for more info.  Pop along and say hello to Emerald Creek from me :-)


Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

Products Used



13 comments:

  1. This is fabulous karon, you are such a clever thing, love the metal look
    (it takes me back to my teenage years and AC/DC!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very artistic design and cool. Love the CD shape and your treatment of the charms was brilliant.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous, Karen!! I love the metal look!! The easel design is so awesome!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karon absolutely fabulous!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockin' cool Karon! What a different and neat design. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!
    Like what you did with the charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those charms are way COOL! And your Card --- OMGOSH AWESOME!!! LOVE the shape and the Cool Guy/ Metal Vibe! So Very Mix Media! Excellent Card! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...