Saturday, 26 September 2015

Simply Saturday - Celebrate

Here we are and it's the weekend - yay!!

I have the last of my latest (for now) creations for Emerald Creek.  Why not check out what my teamies have been up to over at the Emerald Creek Dares blog. Our first ever challenge is up and running and the theme is The 80's.

I went all hearts and pastel colours for my 80's theme on this one.  What do the 80's say to you?  Come on get crafty and enter the challenge!

For today's creation I returned to the Balloon stamp that I shared with you earlier this week.  And after making my first book box card last week, I couldn't resist making another one.


My balloons, are coloured with my waterpen and Tim Holtz Distress Markers; Spiced Marmalade, Tattered Rose, Barn Door, Worn Lipstick and Frayed Burlap.


I also stamped the original balloon stamp in Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Stormy Sky, as well as using this on all the edges. 

To create my frame I used Spellbinders Labels 8 dies.  All the papers are from a Basic Grey 6" by 6" stack called Soleil.  The plain coloured card stock is from my stash.  I also stamped the balloon on the message panel.


The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Saying Stuff stamp set.  For the front wording I used Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlets.


Adding a little foam to the the layers to add a little more depth to the card.


Why not pop along to the Emerald Creek Dares blog remember we have started our first ever challenge and the the theme is The 80's.  Hmmm wonder what you will come up with.  You could win a $25 Gift Certificate to the store!


So that's it for today.  Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Oh - if your in the Calgary area - today is the last day of the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival. Why not pop along and do some crafty shopping - I wish I could.  Say hello to Emerald Creek if you stop by :-)  Click on the image below will give you more details.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

Emerald Creek Products used.


27 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! My favorite part is how you framed window inside the card.book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those book cards are fun to make yeh Karon! love the hot air ballon and the pretty dp with it....They make cute gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those balloons are wonderful! They really move in the card with all that depth. Great job! We'll look forward to your future work with Emerald Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the 80s...I was there!! Madonna, Duran Duran, Bananarama...shall I stop?? A great card Karon...reminds me of 99 red balloons...now who was that? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karon, this is gorgeous! Another beautiful book card, filled with dimension and sweet detailing! The hot air balloons are so pretty and I love the abundance of hearts. :o) Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card front and what a wonderful surprise with the balloon shadow box inside.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Karon, this is just gorgeous! Love the coloring and the design. Fabulous job on a book card. You always surprise us with wonderful styles of cards. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is Gorgeous!! Amazing job my friend!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful.
    Love all of the layers

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool - love your shadowbox card! Gorgeous balloons...

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Love the your shadow box idea. Gorgeous.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still loving those balloons and this card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is just beautiful Karon. Love it. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful and serene it looks
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creating Karon......love the scene you have created, great design! Hmmm , the 80's....I think of BIG Hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful Birthday card Karon. Adore those balloons and how you carried the theme through top the inside.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,100 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. How clever! I love this! That balloon is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Karon. I like the dimension and the balloons are wonderful. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creation lovely design and super colours used..
    Thank You for your kind words re my dad passing...Funeral is in another state of Australia next Wednesday. We had to transport dad over 20hrs away to be with mum....
    {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGOSH Karon! This is simply Fabulous!!!!! LOVE your box card and the depth... Super Cool Hot air Balloons!! Love everything! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi Karon,
    great to be back on your blog again, I love this card, the colours and main picture looks great. Just to let you know that I have started the monthly link-up's again at http://justkeeponcreating.blogspot.com.au/, I hope you will consider entering your work again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, this is stunning!! I love the box design!! The hot air balloons are so gorgeous!! Wow!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...